• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Brumbies SF, June 11 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Anyone who wants a laugh should have a read of rugby forums, on this one a few Aussie posters are getting into how O'Keefe cost the Brumbies the game, (well DP going crook from Blues view) on SilverFern the Blues supporters wanting to crucify O'Keefe for helping the Brumbies (ie their maul try included Brumbies joining in front of ball carrier etc). It's almost as if we all see what we want to see!
For me it was really just the red card calls (or yellow card I guess).

They were both by the book reds. Super Rugby has been diabolical in terms of player safety this year and both the Wallabies and ABs are in for a shock.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I know I whinge about refs alot but okeef legit screwed over the Brumbies. Too scared the blow the whistle and award the Brumbies a deserved penalty.
Yep they on the ball for 5 minutes and had to rip it free for a turn over which clearly was a penalty...but just doesn't want to blow the whistle...well them's the breaks..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Poor old O'Qweef really bottled it towards the end, those Brumbie mauls, just allowing a free-for-all of players to join up from in front of the ball carrier.

Blues played well. For about 15 minutes. Fairly good handling allround in the pissing rain.

Salute to Tomikin for a fun thread, your lads are all ticker. In all seriousness, especially the manbunned barista on the wing.
Manbun seemed to save him after being dumped on his head

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep 14 on 15 and we had all the play second half... Fucking hit it up and go for a droppie when there on the back foot..
Yep, and get a bit closer so you can kick the ball in higher curve , much harder to charge down. But he a young fella and was doing what he thought was right (and maybe was called)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Anyone who wants a laugh should have a read of rugby forums, on this one a few Aussie posters are getting into how O'Keefe cost the Brumbies the game, (well DP going crook from Blues view) on SilverFern the Blues supporters wanting to crucify O'Keefe for helping the Brumbies (ie their maul try included Brumbies joining in front of ball carrier etc). It's almost as if we all see what we want to see!
I will add I thought there some mistakes made (in my opinion)no more than normal, and ARs didn't seem to call much, but bugger me I actually thought the game was decided by the players!
Mate, do you come to stir the pot.. go back to the Wellington mildly annoying breeze thread...

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
okeef legit screwed over the Brumbies.
HotAlarmingDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I will also add I thought BB had a pretty reasonable game out there tonight, some superb touches, great try saving tackle , would have to be MOTM.
Whole Blues pack went well and had to as Brumbies pack was also pretty good in my opinion, they surely didn't lose game because of them.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The drop goal decision was outrageous. Time wasn't even up. You're 40 out. In the rain and wind. Nahhhhhhhhh

Probably even more likely to score a try than slot that.
I dunno I'm 50/50.

Even though weather was shit, if he's confident in his ability to slot it then back yourself to step up and step on the throat.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I guess we will never know, it could've been a perfectly slotted kick that went over mid-way up down the middle...

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
A lot of talk about not taking penalty kicks towards the end of the game. In my mind turning down two chances early in the first half was more deleterious. The idea early in a game is to keep the scoreboard ticking over. Later in the game there is more argument for going for tries if still behind on the scoreboard. I think AAA's decision making could have been quite a bit better. Even the last two conversions, Ryan Lonergan probably would have been a better option than Noah given he would have been way down on confidence after a below par performance throughout the game.

About Noah, I've said for quite a while and I now really believe he will not make a top class (ie test ready) No 10, and he is really too small to be effective in any other position. His defence has never been consistently good. I do not see him representing the Wallabies this year nor into the future. Australia A looks like his level to me.

Tonight's game illustrated again that the Brumbies have just about the strongest bench in the whole competition. And their game plan which comes in for a lot of criticism here, is ideal for playing finals rugby. Should also translate successfully to the Wallabies.

All in all, a very good but ultimately disappointing season. Gives a lot of hope for the upcoming test series.

Congratulations to the Blues - two one point victories over us was it not? Unfortunate refereeing decisions in both games.

Just go on to demolish the Crusaders next week. I sincerely believe the Brumbies would have dispatched the Crusaders this year had they made the final.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I dunno I'm 50/50.

Even though weather was shit, if he's confident in his ability to slot it then back yourself to step up and step on the throat.
Only person who could have slot that Drop Goal in Super Rugby under that circumstance would be B Barrett.
Brumbies Should have backed their phase play 2-4 times and set up a better shot.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Congratulations to the Blues - two one point victories over us was it not? Unfortunate refereeing decisions in both games.

Just go on to demolish the Crusaders next week. I sincerely believe the Brumbies would have dispatched the Crusaders this year had they made the final.
Possibly the most backhanded compliments in GAGR forii history.
About Noah, I've said for quite a while and I now really believe he will not make a top class (ie test ready) No 10
Been thinking that too but was too scared to say it in case I got yelled at.
And their game plan which comes in for a lot of criticism here, is ideal for playing finals rugby. Should also translate successfully to the Wallabies.
FFS if the Wobs copy the ACT gameplan I will cheer for the stupid bloody POMS.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I will also add I thought BB had a pretty reasonable game out there tonight, some superb touches, great try saving tackle , would have to be MOTM.
Whole Blues pack went well and had to as Brumbies pack was also pretty good in my opinion, they surely didn't lose game because of them.
Saw the bb post match interview I was bit dissappointed on lack of credit for brumbies performance like this was just an easy win (it wasn’t and they could have easily lost it)..maybe I missed something but seemed a bit of kiwi arrogance…

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Possibly the most backhanded compliments in GAGR forii history.

Been thinking that too but was too scared to say it in case I got yelled at.

FFS if the Wobs copy the ACT gameplan I will cheer for the stupid bloody POMS.
That is just bullshit dismal your last comment…not brumbies fault they can’t maul etc..kiwi teams renowned for doing what ever it takes to win means they are just pissed brumbies have a strength many of their team don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.