• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Crusaders - 2011R01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Got all fired up thinking the Tahs were looking like specials for the comp, and then watched this game on Saturday. Both teams were a grade above anything else I saw on the weekend (Reds v Force unlikely to change my mind).

Hard to say anyone played badly but I thought Mealamu was absolutely outstanding. Crusaders played their usual ruthless game and got out to a good lead and then the Blues came back at them like an express train! Deserved the result in the end. What really impressed though was the quality of the work of just about every player on the field. The game was worthy of a semi-final in intensity, in the skill and execution level especially. Right now I'm picking these teams to make the six, they were both miles in front of the other three NZ franchises.

Anyone want to disagree?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Can't disagree they were certainly better than anything I have seen so far.

M

Moono75

Crusaders missing SBW and McCaw but agree Blues looked very good. Ranger looded dangerous and elusive in his runs, nice power. Welcome back Ali Williams. NZ teams this year......maybe the Blues can do it!

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
How strong is Dan Carter, When the Blues lifted late in the game he was mixing it up with the big boys in tight & started running the ball a lot more & was probably the only bloke to really knock Ranger over 1 on 1.

Haven't really seen a lot of his running game the last couple seasons but when he fires up he's as strong & elusive as any other player in Super Rugby.

Reactions: DPK

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I saw the replay today and it was an absolute ball-tearer. Some of the best rugby you'd want to see at this level, great attack, great hits in defence and a close result. I said in my tipping blog that it was almost too close to call and it ended up being that way. Fantastic match.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
When I was watching the game I was thinking that it was the most physical game of rugby I had ever seen. The rucking tackling and running were destructive from both teamsl

Kaino was immense as well, in the early years of the 2000's the all blacks seemed to be built around speed, over the past three years they seem to have changed and they are all now massively strong.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Definately was the game of the round. Was an absolute cracker of a game.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Agree with everyone, it was head and shoulders the best game of the weekend that I watched, but I didn't watch any of the Sth African games.

Thought Stanley was pretty eye catching at 12 for the Blues.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Cracker of a game. The number of top quality players on the field was frightening (as a non Kiwi). Their depth in a world cup year is looking very good indeed.

I quite liked the look of Payne @ outside centre, even up against the class of Fruen.

Thought Kaino was immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.