• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Force, Sun Mar 26th. Eden Park.

Blues vs Force

• Go Blues

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Go Force

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • they're both stupid

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Jailbreak Maximus El Stiffyrama

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I have limited interest in this rugby football match

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Auckland Blues Team Matchday GIF:

giphy.gif

Western Force Team Matchday GIF

puzzle_fail-277x210.gif

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Young Marley Pearce to make his debut. An exciting talent but what a place / way to debut! Spink back too

1 Angus Wagner

2 Folau Fainga'a

3 Santiago Medrano

4 Felix Kalapu

5 Jeremy Williams

6 Michael Wells (C)

7 Tim Anstee

8 Rahboni Vosayaco

9 Gareth Simpson

10 Bryce Hegarty

11 Toni Pulu

12 Hamish Stewart

13 Sam Spink

14 Zach Kibirige

15 Chase Tiatia

16 Tom Horton

17 Marley Pearce*

18 Siosifa Amone

19 Ryan McCauley

20 Ollie Callan

21 Issak Fines-Leleiwasa

22 Bayley Kuenzle

23 George Poolman

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
A "second" string Blues that would be the starters at just about every other franchise, They sure have talent and depth. We can only dream about being in their position

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Huh. I figured the Blues had a bye this week, such has been the lack of coverage.

Anyway. Good to see the Blues finally roll out their best 10/15 combination, and to finally see Darry return. Have been getting spanked in the locking matchups so far this season, so hopefully he can even it up a bit. Didn't realise Plummer was still alive. Why couldn't we have had Corey Evans running out at 12 instead though? Has looked good in the limited appearances he had last year.

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Although it is expected the blues will win the force team this week actually looks really good. The whole backline is pretty exciting. Finger crossed Fainga’a throws at least one straight lineout and Medrano doesn’t need the first 3 scrums to get settled

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
Second game in a row that's on a Sunday morning. Not exactly ideal time to engage TV audiences. It's silly stuff like this I'm hoping an independent committee running super rugby will sort out.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting Blues line up, sensible time to rest players even if wasn't AB protocals, as tough game last week and got Chiefs next week, so guessing freshening up some players is not a bad idea anyway. And that is in no way being disrescpful of Force, just realism of a tough draw.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Is it much different to Perth games kicking off at midnight NZT?
I think the main difference there is even if it's two home games in a row in Perth they'll be playing different teams so their fans are less affected. Giving the Force two NZ Sunday afternoon games in a row feels like poor planning when they could easily have had at least one of them as a Friday/Saturday night game.

The trade off should probably be force playing Kiwi sides in the afternoon in Perth and getting night games in New Zealand, at least the majority of the time.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hmmm I initially just thought of it in the context of the time zone differences.

But yes, agree that two consecutive matches like that should be a no-no, and should generally be limited as much as possible.
They actually got 3 in a row as next week is similar time, I got tickets!
I think it's a bit hard on Force supporters, but maybe it also comes with trying to cut travel, get the NZ trip done once!
Not sure what answer is, maybe night games on Saturday would be better? And could the problem be also that Force with their strength aren't good tv viewing on a Saturday night, which would relate to 2-3 on Saturday arvo. Not knocking Force etc , just trying to work out why the games at time they are.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Have been happy with the selections Cron has been making. Less head scratching than Sampson last year.

I.e he has ditched Prior, he has brought back Felix, Anstee back in and spinx back. Kuenzle hasn’t been great and neither was Mataele

if you included Rodda, Koteka and Pasitoa it would be a solid team