• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
6 people in the comp so far and everything seems to be working fine. I have your tips Reg so no need to worry ;)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Round 1

Strategic Airlines Queensland Premier Rugby

Easts 50 d Sunshine Coast Rugby Union 27

University of Queensland 14 (J Chapman H Elliot tries W Tuffley 2 cons) d Souths 11 (A Ongolea try C Field 2 pens)

Sunnybank 15 (S Seiuli B Tapuai tries M Lucas con J Hofmeyr drop goal) d Wests 12 K Ah-Kuoi S van Tonder tries I Aokuso con)

GPS 9 (P Smith 3 pens) d Rugby Gold Coast 3 (D Nethery pen)

Brothers 53 (P Doneley Damon Murphy 2 tries T Sayer C Freney A Pyers tries M Smith 6 cons 2 pens) d North Brisbane 12 (C Gavidi R Butcher tries R Butcher con)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Red Heavy and mkking both picked the round. Easts getting up over Sunny Coast seemed to upset most of us. Everyone else is on 4 apart from spectator who is on 3 as he tipped Norths over Brothers and didn't tip the Gold Coast v GPS game.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It's open to who ever wants to take the time to tip. I am sure you will catch up pretty soon.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Auspicious start from me!!

Some interesting results there...East and Brothers both big winners, and the others all looking like very tight affairs. Good to see Wests competitive and Souths giving Uni a run.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Round 2

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGU2MC13cFVud1RFSEIzWHMzdzNrQmc6MQ

Had to get in early this week as I am moving house on Friday and have an exam on Saturday.

It will be interesting to see if the teams keep their form from last weekend. Brothers v Souths would be my pick of the games this week after Brothers touched up Norths and Souths just lost to Uni.
Easts are on the road again this week heading to the other coast after knocking over the Stingrays last weekend. The Breakers could find themselves with 3 losses after round 2, having played their round 9 game against the Sunny Coast boys before Easter.
Sunnybank are at home to Norths and they would be hoping to score some points after struggling to overcome Wests last week in the wet.
Uni host GPS at home while Wests will try and pick up a win over last year’s Grand Finalist the Stingrays.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So no one tipped Gps to upset Uni this week. Also heard that Sunnybank got over Norths. More scores as I get them.

Running Rugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Round 2 Strategic Airlines Queensland Premier Rugby
Sunnybank 66 d North Brisbane 5
GPS 24 d University of Queensland 20
Brothers 26 d Souths 10
Sunshine Coast Rugby Union 41 d Wests 29
Easts 37 d Rugby Gold Coast 10

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Quite a few of us managed 4/5 this week so things are tight at the top of the table. mkking is in the lead by 1 but with 5 others on 8 he will have to stay on his game to hold the lead.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Looks like match of the round. Everyone has picked the same apart from this game where it's about 50:50.

Running Rugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Round 3 Strategic Airlines Queensland Premier Rugby
Easts 42- Wests 5
GPS 12- Brothers 46
Gold Coast 13- Uni 56
Souths 17- Sunnybank 23
Sunshine Coast 27- Norths 32

Status
Not open for further replies.