• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Decided to start picking 1 upset for each round in a no guts, no glory approach to tipping. Whatever happens from here I'll be going out swinging!

S

Saders07

Decided to start picking 1 upset for each round in a no guts, no glory approach to tipping. Whatever happens from here I'll be going out swinging!

so with so many potential close games this week, what's your upset Cat A?

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
so with so many potential close games this week, what's your upset Cat A?

Norths I believe. They're a better side than recent results indicate, and they're very hard to play well against. And I'm 4 points off the pace & need to start picking the dark horses ;) - never seen such a difference between 4 & 5, and 5 & 6.

S

Saders07

Norths I believe. They're a better side than recent results indicate, and they're very hard to play well against. And I'm 4 points off the pace & need to start picking the dark horses ;) - never seen such a difference between 4 & 5, and 5 & 6.

Great tip with Norths Cat! I thought Easts were vulnerable after Wests should have beaten them last week, but back at home I was thinking 5-points in the bag v Norths!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
What a weekend. Who would have tipped all of those upsets? Well none of us. At the top of the table we had a couple of guys who tipped 0 for the round so it allowed some of the braver (desperate?) tippsters to make up some ground. The tippster of the round has to go to twenty-seven who managed to get 3/5 and move up to gain a share on 2nd spot.
I know the gods were smiling on me as I tipped Sunny Coast over Wests when I am sure I meant to tip the other way but it saved me from a donut.

Running Rugby 47
RugbyReg 46
Jets 46
saders07 46
twenty-seven 46
Austin 45
ajf 45
Westcombe Ranger 44
Catriona A 44
mkking 43
Red Heavy 43
spectator 41
Saulih 37

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
Will not have access to PC for much longer so will post my predictions here if that's OK

Sunnybank v. University - UNI to WIN
GPS v. Sunshine Coast - GPS to WIN
Norths v. Wests - NORTHS to WIN
Gold Coast v. Brothers - FILTH to WIN
Easts v. Souths - Souths to WIN

S

Saders07

daughter to ballet then rugby for the arvo so winners are:
Dragons
Gallopers
Doggies
Bretheren
Tigers

Running Rugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
This week for me-
Easts- only because they are playing for more than Souths
Norths- some younger players stepping up and understanding the requirements of grade football
Uni- this should be a great game. I just think the Uni forwards will give their backs a greater possession of go forward quality ball
Brothers-Just too good (unfortunately)
GPS- too much too play for- making a charge at the semis and can't afford to drop a game like this

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sunnybank v. University - UNI
GPS v. Sunshine Coast - GPS
Norths v. Wests - NORTHS
Gold Coast v. Brothers - FILTH
Easts v. Souths - Easts

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sorry guys I've had a crazy week at work and had an exam yesterday I forgot to sort the tipping out this week. Thanks for tipping here.

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sorry but will have no access to a PC after today so will tip hre if that's OK
The winners will be:
Filth
GPS
Sunnybank
Norths
UNI

Status
Not open for further replies.