• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Gold Coast 17 d Sun Coast 10
Easts 60 d Souths 19
Uni 85 d Norths 10
Sunnybank 33 d Bros 22
GPS 39 d Wests 27

Thank fuck for Uni otherwise I would have gotten zero.
Saulih - WTF happened

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
JC as soon as you told us to bet the house on SunnyCoast I knew it was time to tip the Breakers.
If Wests concede 1 more try I would have got 5/5! A few more rounds like that & I'm back ... to the middle of the pack.
At least I've put some distance bewtween me & the spoon.

S

saulih

The email from my nephew before the game made me nervous. Seems the boys were already counting themselves into the finals. There is a distinct difference between overconfidence and confidence. This week they were overconfident after their win against the Bank. It has been the pattern of their season, inconsistency is the only consistent thing they have had. Look for them to swing back to a win next week against Souths, as they once again realize that premierships are not handed out. (none of this is to put down the performance of the Goldie, who apparently from what I read, had one of their best performances for the season)

Man I wish I could watch the games, and not just read about it.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Not a good round for anyone apart from Refabit who topped the week with 4/5....yes he really did tip the Goldie, in part apparently because I had said the Sunny Coast were a dead cert!!!

All one can say when faced with that sort of sledge is to offer a similar taunt - "Look at the scoreboard, mate!!"

I only got 1/5 but the damage was limited due to Jets and Austin only each getting 2/5

Rugby Reg has gone missing in the last few weeks so his fall from grace has been dramatic and with a big week Pepe can avoid the spoon

Juan Cote 54
Jets 51
Austin 50
Running Rugby 46
Refabit 46
Spectator 45
Saulih 45
Rugby Reg 43
Pepe 39

Brothers, Sunny Coast, Easts, GPS and Souths are all equal on 47 points and there is only two finals spots up for grabs with Uni and Bank in first and second. What a great way to end the season.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Suaulih, Sunny Coast play GPS at GPS so I reckon they could miss out - GPS have been great the last month

S

saulih

Suaulih, Sunny Coast play GPS at GPS so I reckon they could miss out - GPS have been great the last month

The only reason why I would guess SC will get up, is because they have this up and down swing, the moment they get a big win they fall flat on their faces ie Sunnybank followed by GC, the reverse happened when they got beat by Wests in the first round, and dogged their way through to a win the following week against Souths. A lot will depend on which team comes to the game - the overconfident, or the focused.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Reg, nothing came through on the sheet. Did you get the automatic message that comes up when you hit submit?

Try it again now and see if it works

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah,I thought I did. Don't worry. I didn't make up much ground. THink I tipped Souths and Brothers, and may have tipped Wests with the margin.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
It's great when the best gets saved until last and that's what we have this weekend.

The game with the most on it will be GPS vs Sunny Coast. GPS at home will be hard to beat but Sunny Coast are no mugs, despite their loss last week. Should be a great game which will be made all the better by the fact I can have a few frosties and walk home...looking forward to it.

Gold Coast vs Brothers is a tough one and you can think of as many reasons to tip the Filth as you can to not tip them. I reckon I'll stick to a tried and true method - they are the Filth so back the home team!

Easts should pump Norths and need to do so to also pump up their for and against which will be crucial.

Souths are in a similar boat to the Tigers and with the Doggies having had their club dinner (a big one by all accounts) during the week, Wests will need every point of the three try start I suspect.

Uni vs Sunnybank is a warm-up for the major semi next week so I reckon both teams will probably mail this one in the some extent. Under normal circumstances you'd go with Uni but under these circumstances I dunno.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dDlYM1ZmcmlmLUhxaHR3MGdzd3oyRHc6MQ

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Mr Handicapper - why are Norths not getting a start - Wests seem more competitive than them at the moment?

Then again I expect Easts to really pile it on this weekend - heard that they played really, really well against Souths.

I think Brothers will win but will they get the 4 tries they need?

Got a feeling GPS and Sunny Coast might cancel each other out - they'll both be desperate. Even if Souths get a bonus point win, their differential is so poor they may not figure.

I'd probably put my money on Easts and Brothers to clinch the last two spots with bonus point wins and both of them could do some damage to the top two in the finals.

S

saulih

Sound all the bells and slaughter the fattened lamb...Sunny Coast have made the semis!!!!!!

You little ripper.

JC - not sure if you plan on running the tipping through to the grand final or stopping here at the end or regular season, but I will be away for the week. I tip Sunny Coast and Uni if you keep it going...

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
STOP THE PRESS!!!!!

It appears as thought I spoke too soon about Jets winning the comp. I overlooked our mate Austin who picked the card and has tied with Jets on 55 points.

Sorry for the confusion.

What to do.....can the inaugural G&GR tipping comp end in a tie?

Suggestions?

Jets 55
Austin 55
Juan Cote 54
Running Rugby 49
Refabit 49
Saulih 49
Spectator 48
Rugby Reg 45
Pepe 41

Status
Not open for further replies.