• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Rugby/Sports Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Just moved out of Canberra and up to the sunshine. Where's all the good pubs to watch rugby at? So far i've only been to Pig 'n Whistle on eagle St which wasn't too bad.

Living southside 5k's from the city.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Welcome to paradise.

All information will be withheld until we see avatar changes. Buying a membership used to be a prerequisite but you have moved here so must have some sense.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
haha never! Brumbies supporter through & through, but I may purchase a Reds jersey as my second team ;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually I have found the Pig and Whistle in Melbourne St ,West End a great place for sport watching.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Based on this thread I conclude there are no good pubs to watch rugby in Brisbane.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Honestly, it depends on how far you want to travel and how much you feel like dropping on watching the game.

If you're wanting a feed + watch the game:
South Side - Norman Hotel, Pig N Whistle (West End), Story Bridge Hotel
East Side - NFI as I don't venture that far ;)
North Side - Breakfast Creek Hotel
City + Fringes - Riverbar Kitchen, Exchange Hotel, Victory Hotel, Normanby Hotel, Caxton Hotel, Paddington Tavern, Statler and Waldorf, Pig N Whistle (Valley)
West Side - Regatta Hotel, RE Hotel (student bar)

There's also a lot of brewers around, but I can't remember if they have TV's set up. Green Beacon, Newstead Brewery (Newstead + Castlemaine St).

The Fortitude Valley along with James street will have a number of places with TV's on.

If you need any more suggestions, let us know how far you feel like driving to watch a game.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
For Saturday, you should be able to make good day of it in & around the ground.

Full strength beers available in Fanatics & Precint bars at Suncorp. Also in what is normally Reds members bar but might be tough to get in on Sat.

You also have Fritzenberger, Newstead, Aether & even XXXX as breweries within walking distance and also Brewski, Scratch as good craft bars or just hit the Paddo/Caxton for bigger crowds & more tv screens.

I think Newstead will probably project the Lions test on to their carpark wall post-match.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm regularly found at The Lord Stanley Hotel in East Brisbane watching games.

they serve pints (still mind boggling that places don't over here...)
Good food
TAB (if that's your thing)
Beer garden

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
Oh also - Anyone been to this "the rugby clubhouse" at the old Iceworks in Paddington there?

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
ahhh so many choices now! You blokes going to the game on Saturday?
Not unless the powers that be miraculously announce that they f**ked up and won't be cutting a team, or that they're keeping the force (sorry rebels).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.