• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2022

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wright turned it down in a bid to earn a Wallabies jumper and got his reward last year against the All Blacks, scoring a try with his first touch on debut.

The winger/fullback, however, is yet to receive a sufficient offer in rugby union for next season and is thought to be open to returning to league.

Fuck me

I think "sufficient" is the key word there. Also, he's a winger, he would be on tiny pay increase at League or even same money.
Just shopping around me thinks.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think "sufficient" is the key word there. Also, he's a winger, he would be on tiny pay increase at League or even same money.
Just shopping around me thinks.
Yeh if not valuing the wallaby jersey that highly If prepared to walk away - as he would not even make the nrl orgin side let alone the kanagaroos. He has higher ceiling in union then he would in league.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Does that mean FF (Folau Fainga'a) or Longeran are moving on? Those 3 are too good to not be in the 23.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Tom Cusack and Harry Lloyd leaving the Brumbies and confirm the departures of Bayley Kuenzle, Reesjan Pasitoa, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa and Reece Tapine.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Saw that this morning, who is going where? Lloyd is a loss just at the age for a prop where he can step up

Twitter is suggesting Ireland for Lloyd, but nothing definite.

Cusack is looking to move away from playing. From what I understand the years in the 7's have taken a toll, he has had a run of injuries and being a recent father is looking change lifestyle.

Brumbies could be in a world of hurt next year. What I am really worried about is groups like this you can usually keep to together for 3+ years (like the Reds). But there is a lot of movement for a group that is at best in its second year (many in their first) and that's not a good sign.

I am wondering if there is more to this? Form slump especially in attack (coaching but also coincidently started once Nic White re-joined), lots of injuries (could be S&C issue), questions about fitness (S&C), poor game plans (coaching) now players leaving.

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
Its a real shame to lose both Kuenzle and Pasitoa. Who would be our forth string 10 at this point?

Tony Alofipo. Currently playing for Quenbeyan and trained through the pre-season as part of the Brumbies academy. He was recently selected in Oz U20 Squad.

The Brumbies will still need at least 2 other inside backs before considering Alofipo.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tom Cusack and Harry Lloyd leaving the Brumbies and confirm the departures of Bayley Kuenzle, Reesjan Pasitoa, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa and Reece Tapine.

Shame to see the young ones going. Might just be me, but I look at Brumbies see a pretty good settled team, and one where you want these young ones coming through, as usually you will find number may just kind of retire or head overseas at same time.
Brumbies I would imagine would want to avoid a Tahs type scenario.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bayley Kuenzle, Reesjan Pasitoa, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa and Reece Tapine. all to the Force

Cusack off to live life

Lloyd rumoured to be heading OS to Ireland perhaps

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I feel Kuenzle is going to be the biggest loss in that group going to the Force..........

I initially only rated him as being a decent stop gap flyhalf last year when Lolesio was injured, but he seems to be developing into a really good 12.

Hopefully Lloyd masters the dark arts and returns in a couple of years when the Brumbies LH stocks will no doubt have deteriorated.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Losing a lot of quality youngsters for next year and no news about signings. Are there any local JID players who might step up? I've noticed that Gungahlin seem to have a try scoring machine in Corey Toole. Is he a chance of filling a spot?

The likes of Reimer and Scott this year, and Lloyd and Ross who've been around a couple of years, should give confidence that the best of JID could make the grade.