• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2023

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
They have anyone in the academy ranks that is highly regarded?

I can definitely see the Brumbies going for One of either Harrison, Edmed or Donaldson at some point from the Tahs with Bowen and Dowling being signed into their senior squad.

Could all play 10,12,15

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'm assuming the prime investments left already in Kuenzle and Pasitoa. Maybe we can get one of those back for 2024 season. They will be better players with a few seasons under there belts at the Force.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm assuming the prime investments left already in Kuenzle and Pasitoa. Maybe we can get one of those back for 2024 season. They will be better players with a few seasons under there belts at the Force.
Kuenzle would be a walk up start @12 IMHO.

They have anyone in the academy ranks that is highly regarded?

I can definitely see the Brumbies going for One of either Harrison, Edmed or Donaldson at some point from the Tahs with Bowen and Dowling being signed into their senior squad.

Could all play 10,12,15
I believe they already are chasing one of those Tahs as well as promoting at least one of the others.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Any thoughts on who might have put their names forward from the JID Cup final? Overall, I thought it was a reasonably high quality game with some stand ouit performances mainly from the Whites, but I'm really not au fait with most of the players so can't be sure if they are consistently good, or just rose to the occasion on Saturday.

The two Locks from Queanbeyan, Marolt and Townsend, were outstanding. In everything, ran hard and tackled harder.

Queanbeyan's backrow was sublime. Sikameti at 6, Teoteo at 7 and Tituti at 8. Outplayed the opposite backrow, which included Brumby Rory Scott.

Three really good performers in the Whites' backline in Brumby Hudson Creighton, Stuart Jackson (No 11) and Nathan Carroll (No 15).

For Royals, Lincoln Smith (No 13) tried hard. A big body and plenty of speed. Otherwise fairly comprehensively outplayed.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Any thoughts on who might have put their names forward from the JID Cup final? Overall, I thought it was a reasonably high quality game with some stand ouit performances mainly from the Whites, but I'm really not au fait with most of the players so can't be sure if they are consistently good, or just rose to the occasion on Saturday.

The two Locks from Queanbeyan, Marolt and Townsend, were outstanding. In everything, ran hard and tackled harder.

Queanbeyan's backrow was sublime. Sikameti at 6, Teoteo at 7 and Tituti at 8. Outplayed the opposite backrow, which included Brumby Rory Scott.

Three really good performers in the Whites' backline in Brumby Hudson Creighton, Stuart Jackson (No 11) and Nathan Carroll (No 15).

For Royals, Lincoln Smith (No 13) tried hard. A big body and plenty of speed. Otherwise fairly comprehensively outplayed.

Think he just moved up the road to darcyville

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
39F6F290-624C-459B-9103-7A30DC2AD5DD.jpeg

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Looking forward to the City/Country games on Saturday, and the Tahs Development side on the 24th. Hopefully will be streamed somewhere, maybe Bar TV?

The two City teams have been announced on the Brumbies Web Site. Surprised two recent signings for the Brumbies aren't there - Charlie Cale and Declan Meredith. Some good players coming out of the JID grand Final though. And where's Nathan Carroll, Whites' fullback? Outstanding in the Grand Final.

The side for the Tahs Dev game will be without Wallabies and Aus A players. Apart from the obvious test players, others like Pollard, Ross, Hooper (if available), Reimer, Brown (if eligible for Aus A), Ryan Lonergan, and Hudson Creighton are likely to miss the game due to Aus A commitments.

Any thoughts on what the side might look like for the Tahs Dev game?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Hudson Creighton and Ollie Sapsford would be the leading candidates for 12. Hudson played there for Australia A and was good..
Creighton definitely looked good for Australia A, but I'm pretty sure he was playing 13, Foketi was at 12 for both of his games.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Creighton certainly seems to play 13 more often, maybe even all the time. He was at 13 and had an excellent game for the Whites in the Bentspoke JID grand final. But he gives me the impression he could make a real go of either spot, so maybe the 12 will be his to start.