• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Crusaders Super Rugby Round 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Makings of another good game to catch this weekend. Be interesting to see Crusaders team, particularly who starts at lock, I getting to be a real fan of Scott Barrett to go with Whitelock. Also you can tell he the boy his father would like, I mean only a mother would name a boy Beauden, so he had to be a back, and Dad (Kevin) would of stepped in after that and said right I doing the naming, and then the boy can play in the forwards!:p

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Too much bullshit going on in Canberra (and not just politics). If it's not sorted today, in an open manner that will satisfy the fans, then not much hope for the Brumbies on Sunday. Expect a disappointing crowd.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Turmoil - agree that the Ponies fans may desert the ground this week

Shit like what is happening down there eventually will seep through to the playing group.

I expect the Saders to get a comfortable win. The first 20 will be tough and pretty even.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Do the majority of fans give a stuff about what's happening with the board? I reckon a large chunk would be blissfully unaware.

If there's a poor crowd on Sunday I reckon it will have more to do with it being a long weekend, with people going to the coast etc

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Tomane and Nadolo go head to head, which should be a great match up.
Didn't they both go to Nudgee College?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Aquis Brumbies v Crusaders – 24 April 2016, GIO Stadium

Starting side

Scott Sio
Stephen Moore (c)
Ben Alexander
Rory Arnold
Sam Carter
Scott Fardy
Jarrad Butler
Jordan Smiler
Tomás Cubelli
Christian Lealiifano (c)
Joe Tomane
Matt To'omua
Tevita Kuridrani
Robbie Coleman
Aidan Toua
Reserves

Josh Mann-Rea
Allan Ala'alatoa
Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin
Tom Staniforth
Michael Wells
Michael Dowsett
James Dargaville
Nigel Ah Wong

A bit bemused by the replacement of Powell by Dowsett on the bench - I don't think Joe got on the ground against the Tahs last week. Can't see the logic of being replaced on the bench when you don't get a start.

Interesting match up likely with Alan Ala'alatoa perhaps coming in head to head against his brother Mike.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders: 15 Israel Dagg 14 Jone Macilai, 13 Kieron Fonotia, 12 David Havili, 11 Nemani Nadolo, 10 Richie Mo’unga, 9 Andy Ellis, 8 Kieran Read (c), 7 Matt Todd, 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Scott Barrett, 4 Luke Romano, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Joe Moody. Replacements: 16 Ged Robinson, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Mike Ala'alatoa, 19 Sam Whitelock, 20 Tim Boys, 21 Mitchell Drummond, 22 Sean Wainui, 23 Marty McKenzie.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Turmoil - agree that the Ponies fans may desert the ground this week

Shit like what is happening down there eventually will seep through to the playing group.

I expect the Saders to get a comfortable win. The first 20 will be tough and pretty even.

I'm really hoping the playing group can quarantine themselves from all this crap, but I fear you will be right if it continues any length of time.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rebs win last night means Brums have fallen out've the Top Eight & need at least a BP to regain top spot in the Strayan Conference on points difference: currently +44 c.f. Rebs -9, both have five wins.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The ladder right now really is a sad reflection of how the Australian conference has been............

The Brumbies will also be lamenting missed BP's in a number of matches so far........ they need to start putting teams to the sword when they get a couple of tries ahead.........

But I don't see them coming away with a BP against the 'Saders unless it's a losing one. :(

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Things could get ugly with 70kg wringing wet Robbie marking 130kg rampaging Nadolo. Just don't see it working out well for the Brumbies.

Reactions: mst

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just had another look at the table - the Brumbies are now only 4 points ahead of the Tahs, who have had both of their byes already............

If the Brumbies don't get their shit together they could slip down to third in the Australian conference after next week.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Betting sites all seem to have Brumbies as slight favourites, mostly $1.65/ $2.25.

Just had another look at the table - the Brumbies are now only 4 points ahead of the Tahs, who have had both of their byes already....

If the Brumbies don't get their shit together they could slip down to third in the Australian conference after next week.

Your season is starting to resemble ours last year I.e. you're winning enough games to be there or there abouts but just not collecting enough BP to make sure of it: Brums are 5/7 with 1 BP, 'tahs 3/7 but 5 BP.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies really should've come away with at least 3-4 more BP's in some of their recent wins but just seem incapable of putting teams to the sword when they get a couple of tries ahead..........

The Tahs travel to South Africa next week which should help the Brumbies standings, but they've still got a tough few weeks with the 'saders today, Highlanders away next week, and then the Bulls at home.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Just had another look at the table - the Brumbies are now only 4 points ahead of the Tahs, who have had both of their byes already....

The Tahs next 4 are challenging assignments. I think the Brumbies have some wiggle room still.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Huge game for the crusaders after their string of wins against the weaker sides.

Drop this game and It will be hard to catch the Chiefs at the top, given the fairly tough run home.

The '5th' place wildcard is a nice encouragement award, but is pretty worthless if you want to win the tournament.

So it's contender or pretender time.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^^ being first wildcard is really only an issue if the last Conference winner happens to be Sethfricken: can't see anyone crossing the Indian Ocean, winning, then returning to Australasia in any condition to win a SF & still have enough in the tank to win a Final.

ANZAC service over, let the hostilities commence!

Status
Not open for further replies.