• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Waratahs, Sat 27th Feb, Canberra

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I’m not surprised a Tahs supporter hasn’t rushed in to start this thread, but thought a Brumbies one would have started it last Saturday!
Anyway, here it is.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think it will be a game to watch in replay, so I can fast forward and/or turn off as needed

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm looking forward to it. Mostly as all the family are out and I can watch rugby in peace and quiet.

I think the Ponies may put 50 on the Tah's.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Last year the Tahs almost produced a boilover in the same round 2 fixture, but the big difference is no Hooper, and obviously other injuries/suspension on top of that.........

Anyways, hopefully the Brumbies don't take them lightly.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Folau Fianga'a out for the Brumbies

1. James Slipper
2. Connal McInerney
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Darcy Swain
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Rob Valetini
7. Jahrome Brown
8. Pete Samu
9. Nic White
10. Noah Lolesio
11. Mack Hansen
12. Irae Simone
13. Len Ikitau
14. Andy Muirhead
15. Tom Banks

REPLACEMENTS
16. Lachlan Lonergan
17. Harry Lloyd
18. Tom Ross
19. Nick Frost
20. Tom Cusack
21. Ryan Lonergan
22. Reesjan Pasitoa
23. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
1 LOOSEHEAD PROP Angus Bell
2 HOOKER Tom Horton
3 TIGHTHEAD PROP Harry Johnson-Holmes
4 LEFT LOCK Sam Caird
5 RIGHT LOCK Jack Whetton
6 BLINDSIDE FLANKER Lachlan Swinton
7 OPENSIDE FLANKER Carlo Tizzano
8 NUMBER EIGHT Jack Dempsey
9 SCRUMHALF Jack Grant
10 FLYHALF Will Harrison
11 LEFT WING James Ramm
12 INSIDE CENTRE Tepai Moeroa
13 OUTSIDE CENTRE Alex Newsome ©
14 RIGHT WING Mark Nawaqanitawase
15 FULLBACK Jack Maddocks
REPLACEMENTS:
16 RESERVE David Porecki
17 RESERVE Te Tera Faulkner
18 RESERVE Sio Tatola
19 RESERVE Jeremy Williams
20 RESERVE Hugh Sinclair
21 RESERVE Henry Robertson *
22 RESERVE Tane Edmed
23 RESERVE Triston Reilly *

Harris has been dropped

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I think we probably match the Brumbies in the back row. Pity about the other twelve positions!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
1LOOSEHEAD PROPAngus Bell
2HOOKERTom Horton
3TIGHTHEAD PROPHarry Johnson-Holmes
4LEFT LOCKSam Caird
5RIGHT LOCKJack Whetton
6BLINDSIDE FLANKERLachlan Swinton
7OPENSIDE FLANKERCarlo Tizzano
8NUMBER EIGHTJack Dempsey
9SCRUMHALFJack Grant
10FLYHALFWill Harrison
11LEFT WINGJames Ramm
12INSIDE CENTRETepai Moeroa
13OUTSIDE CENTREAlex Newsome ©
14RIGHT WINGMark Nawaqanitawase
15FULLBACKJack Maddocks
REPLACEMENTS:
16RESERVEDavid Porecki
17RESERVETe Tera Faulkner
18RESERVESio Tatola
19RESERVEJeremy Williams
20RESERVEHugh Sinclair
21RESERVEHenry Robertson *
22RESERVETane Edmed
23RESERVETriston Reilly *

Harris has been dropped

Harris is injured (shoulder, could miss a few weeks)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think we probably match the Brumbies in the back row. Pity about the other twelve positions!

This is a bit subjective but I’d say:
Bell = Slipper
Horton > Mcinerney
Harrison = Lolesio
Ramm > Hansen
Maddocks = Banks

The other 7 starting positions, and most importantly the bench, it’s clearly advantage Brumbies

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
This is a bit subjective but I’d say:
Bell = Slipper
Horton > Mcinerney
Harrison = Lolesio
Ramm > Hansen
Maddocks = Banks

The other 7 starting positions, and most importantly the bench, it’s clearly advantage Brumbies

Bell is NOT the equal of Slipper - not at this point of his career and maybe never. We are yet to find out if Bell has what it takes to play 100 tests......

No evidence Horton is better then Mcinerney. Both do their job most the time and thats it. = at most.

Harrison MIGHT be equal to Lolesio, but if he was why isn't he a wallaby? Is it his team that lets him down?

Ramm > Hansen

Maddocks = Banks? Mmmmm think Banks has more better days then Maddocks. Both at their best they are = but Maddocks really only shined when Quade was looking for him.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Looking at that ‘Tahs team it’s easy to see a good structure. Locks are weak but aside from them it’s a great forward pack. Some serious young talent in the backline. This year might be a write off but there’s genuine talent.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Bell is NOT the equal of Slipper - not at this point of his career and maybe never. We are yet to find out if Bell has what it takes to play 100 tests..

No evidence Horton is better then Mcinerney. Both do their job most the time and thats it. = at most.

Harrison MIGHT be equal to Lolesio, but if he was why isn't he a wallaby? Is it his team that lets him down?

Ramm > Hansen

Maddocks = Banks? Mmmmm think Banks has more better days then Maddocks. Both at their best they are = but Maddocks really only shined when Quade was looking for him.

I am referring to this level of course.

I think Bell is on the up whereas Slipper has peaked, still a very good player, not disputing that. Not many 20 year olds have been a capped Wallaby prop, but yes I take your point, the jury is out.

Plenty of evidence last year that Horton > Mcinerney, I’m going off that rather than round 1 this year.

re Harrison, yes doesn’t have the same support crew, he’s possibly a bit small for test level, and hasn’t matured at this level as fast as Lolesio. Has a higher ceiling though I reckon.

The Banks v Maddocks debate will continue until one of them clearly outperforms the other.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Mostly agree with you UTR. Bell may have a huge future (I think he will) but right now Slipper is clearly ahead of him. Horton and McInerney are hard to separate, Horton probably better about the paddock, but small which might give McInerney the edge in the scrum. I am a big fan of Harrison, but the evidence would suggest at this stage Lolesio is ahead of him. I would prefer Maddocks in my side over Banks, is far better at his best, but Banks is more consistent.