• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Waratahs - Round 2, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
It really shits me when the recording ends early, especially if they are having a "post game show".

Make it one program and there would be no issue

There is a function in Foxtel, probably in set-up, where you can extend the recording time by 10 or 20 minutes, so if its scheduled to end at 9.30, it will continue to record to 9.40 or 50 etc.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
There is a function in Foxtel, probably in set-up, where you can extend the recording time by 10 or 20 minutes, so if its scheduled to end at 9.30, it will continue to record to 9.40 or 50 etc.
I used this function & still missed the ending of some games,when there are delays with injuries etc.
Now we just record the show immediately after as well.
#bulletproof.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Tahs woes grow with injury list to key capped players... Threw everything at the Brumbies including cheap punches and 2 yellowcards ... And still got belted on the scored board... Tahs game coaching approach is questionable about this match... Tis a pity it was a ....

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Moores ball skills were top notch last night. Well deserve ovation when he came off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

galumay

Seemed like the Tahs knew they couldnt win without this unsportmans like approach.

Oh spare me this sanctimonious nonsense. There were players from both sides involved, it looks like To'omua headbutted someone elses fist, not Latu's anyway. Lets just leave it to the judiciary to analyse and stop with the conspiracy theories.

How about focussing on what was a cracker of a game between the two top teams in the conference? A game either side could have won with 5 minutes to go.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I hope this punch is reported. What a gutless cheap shot.. Ban is warranted.grubby play. Seemed like the Tahs knew they couldnt win without this unsportmans like approach.

The whole melee was started by a high swinging arm by the Moore- I'm sure Latu wasn't the only who threw a punch (Louisi either)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Biggest brain fart of the game was Henry kicking the ball back and touch in goal.

Cubelli's box kicks put the Brumbies under considerable pressure, but I think the intention was to get behind the Tahs' off side back line play. Just didn't work as it should have, like the To'omua kick against the Canes which led to the only try against them in that game. Surely a lesson here to be learnt by the Brumbies.

Great to see Kuridrani approaching his form of a couple of years ago, and Tomane is the best winger going around atm. Christian finished well in front of Beale at 10, and the combination with Matty at 12 is causing a lot of problems to oppositions.

Ah Wong's versatility will be a plus for the Brumbies. Listed as backs reserve, but when circumstances require can come onto the side of the scrum and work just as effectively as any other reserve there would.

All in all, the Brumbies individually and as a team looked a lot sharper and effective than the Tahs' counterparts. Final score was a good indication of the gap between the sides imo.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Can someone explain to me the purpose of an 'off field yellow card'. I thought it was meant to carry over to the next game so that another yellow would result in a red card. I'm sure that Will Skelton was issued an off field yc last week, but wasn't red carded when issued the yc against the Brumbies, so I must be wrong. But, allowing that I am wrong, exactly what is the point of the off field yellow?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can someone explain to me the purpose of an 'off field yellow card'. I thought it was meant to carry over to the next game so that another yellow would result in a red card. I'm sure that Will Skelton was issued an off field yc last week, but wasn't red carded when issued the yc against the Brumbies, so I must be wrong. But, allowing that I am wrong, exactly what is the point of the off field yellow?

Nah, it's just noted onto the player's disciplinary record.........

It does mean though, that with Skelton's record the next time he's found guilty by the judiciary he's likely to get some extra weeks tagged on.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

It also counts against your yellow card total for the season.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I can't say I missed the provincial bias of some posters. The inability to be objective in critique blinds people to areas that their side can improve.

The Tahs woeful set pieces have been hidden by the success at the breakdown and the defence/attack areas of the game. I and others have been harping on about the issues at set piece, even in the Championship year, as looking at such areas of weakness would bring sustained high performance. Yes laud the success and enjoy it, don't doubt for a second think I don't, but I'm interested in sustained success also.

On the Brumbies the same is true, last year they were very heavily penalised and this year has started the same. The blindness of some to accept that there are significant areas for improvement, especially around the breakdown is laughable and the excuses that the Tahs were so poor and dirty even more so. The lack of discipline of the Tahs allowed the Brumbies to get away with transgressions that against a disciplined side will get them penalised off the park.

A morning review of the game hasn't changed my views which haven't really changed for the Australian conference since the trials, Brumbies will win easily, Tahs will be a distant second (by performance not necessarily on the conference table) though with the injuries the Rebels are a strong chance to knock the Tahs to third.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Discipline is certainly a major issue for the Tahs right now..........

They were the most penalised team last week, and they were lucky to have finished with 15 men last night.........

Of course the Brumbies can work to improve their discipline, but the penalty stats for the first two weeks indicate that's it's not as big of an issue for them as some are making it out to be (but still room for improvement).

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
So in regards to Latu's impending suspension do Sydney Uni play a trial this weekend and does it count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.