• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumby Runner Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Browsing thru Tuggeranong Vikings website & noted following trials for the Brumby Runners:

05/02/11 vs Western Force `A' @ Knox Grammar School(Sydney)
19/02/11 vs Samoa `A' @ Canberra Stadium
23/02/11 vs Tonga `A' @ Vikings Park
28/02/11 vs Fiji `A' @ Vikings Park
05/03/11 vs Reds `A' @ Knox Grammar School(Sydney)

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Can anyone list the academy players. Their website developer doesn't think it is a priority.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, the Brumbies still have Taumopeau listed as a player... and he's already played one trial match with the Rebels...

I wouldn't be surprised to find Mark Bartholomeusz and Digby Beaumont on their teamsheet...

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Yeah Brumbies Website only concentrates on main squad...Academy or Development Squad players dont even get mentioned....Worst Website in terms of player updates movements etc ever...they need to take a leaf out of the Reds and Tahs sites...and recognise all players who deserve to be.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah Brumbies Website only concentrates on main squad...Academy or Development Squad players dont even get mentioned....Worst Website in terms of player updates movements etc ever...they need to take a leaf out of the Reds and Tahs sites...and recognise all players who deserve to be.

It would be adequate if they at least listed the main squad...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Can anyone list the academy players. Their website developer doesn't think it is a priority.

They never do. To be fair I don't think they finalise their Academy lists - or Tier One, Tier Two etc lists as soon as the Reds and the Tahs do as a matter of procedure. They probably want to see them after the Xmas break and after they have seen them play a bit of trial footie first.

Chosen

Thanks for posting that info.

Wow - bonus for Sydney rugby tragics. There are two Runners games on at Knox that are not against the Tahs: one each against the Force and Reds. Since my car knows it's own way to Knox by itself these days I will hop in and go.

C

centreman

According to the Force website the trial against the Brumby Runners on 5th February is at TG Milner, Eastwoods home ground not Knox Grammar.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Not to worry. My car knows the way there too.

[Edit] .. and it's a double header:

Venue: TG Milner Field, Eastwood
Saturday, 5 February
16:30 - Emirates Western Force ‘A’ v Brumby Runners
17:45 - Emirates Western Force v Barbarians

The should have made that second game against the Sydney team that's going to play in Melbourne, though I suppose they will have many of it's players as they are usually Sydney players who are not in anybody's stable.

S

Spectator101

anyone have any updates on these games as have heard its moved to Foreshaw possibly?

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
I was at Eastwood on Saturday afternoon and they had signs up in the club advertising the two games together with a flashing sign at the entry to the ground. Its free entry... pitch looked in the best form i have seen in years... would be a shame if it was moved at the last minute... Where did you hear that it has moved?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
That's in the club. But whoever is in charge of the ground should clean up the toilets behind the stands. Bloody disgraceful.

S

Spectator101

I was at Eastwood on Saturday afternoon and they had signs up in the club advertising the two games together with a flashing sign at the entry to the ground. Its free entry... pitch looked in the best form i have seen in years... would be a shame if it was moved at the last minute... Where did you hear that it has moved?

Apologies- just realised got it mixed up with the Pacific Rugby Cup. Great place to have it at Eastwood. Hope their restaurant is fired up - Salt and Pepper Calamari is the best going around.

Any idea of kick up times.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
That's in the club. But whoever is in charge of the ground should clean up the toilets behind the stands. Bloody disgraceful.

Never sat in the stand, just too far from the bar.

They used to have the best beer can refrigeration machine on the planet in the bar. They would just empty cases in the top and they were cold out the bottom

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
i thought it said 4pm and 5.30pm kickoffs respectively... it could be a touch later but definately not earlier... Went searching for the woody burger on saturday arvo... times have changed at the wood dome.... its a funny sight seeing a massive woodfired pizza oven in the middle of a chinese restaurant which has a sign saying "we have sold 1092 lobster mornays since we opened in 2007"....

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
O/T, but anyone miss the ol' Woody burger?

Never mind the burgers, Eastwood used to have THE best pies in christendom many years ago. When North Ryde RSL took over the licensed club (and the catering) the magnificent pie supplier got the flick.

I don't think Growden's ever recovered.

S

sportsfan

Enough with the gastronomical tour, who is playing at Milner;
will the Force team have PAE and Siliva in the front row. That should be a good test for Runners.
On the runners side, is Rodney I at 10 and Linsay Crook at 14 or 15? Does anyone know the teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.