• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bulls Reportedly Targetting Skelton

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Depends if it's done on loan or as an out and out signing. I can see Saracens being happy to loan Skelton to a non Australian side but not want to risk an Australian side in case he decides he really wants to be back here. Don't see a South African side being able to outbid Australia/France/Japan for an actual signing though

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well the Bulls have lost RG Snyman, Lood de Jager and Jenkins, all 3 Bok second rows. They have also lost Vermeulen and Schalk Brits and Handre Pollard.

Granted, they have replaced Pollard with Steyn but I guess there's some budget ready to be spent. Not sure if SARU filtered some of the RWC money down to the unions either.

Not that I think he will ever go to the Bulls, but perhaps not as unrealistic financially.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Well the Bulls have lost RG Snyman, Lood de Jager and Jenkins, all 3 Bok second rows. They have also lost Vermeulen and Schalk Brits and Handre Pollard.

My query is why they lost all these guys - presumably it was due to not matching the money they got elsewhere?

So, if they've now got a big chunk of cash - and with so many Saffa players O/S - why wouldn't they get one those back?

The loan idea of Wilson's above, I could perhaps understand - they'd get a good lock cheap while Sarries pay the real bill. Otherwise it doesn't seem to make sense. Dunno.

Reactions: dru

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
My query is why they lost all these guys - presumably it was due to not matching the money they got elsewhere?

So, if they've now got a big chunk of cash - and with so many Saffa players O/S - why wouldn't they get one those back?

The loan idea of Wilson's above, I could perhaps understand - they'd get a good lock cheap while Sarries pay the real bill. Otherwise it doesn't seem to make sense. Dunno.

Sure, but in the meantime Rupert and Patrice Motsepe (both local Billionaires) have invested in the Bulls. Nevertheless, those players may have left anyway. There are a myriad of reasons players go overseas other than money alone.

The Stormers for example have secured Wales' Jamie Roberts. He didn't do it for the money.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Granted, they have replaced Pollard with Steyn but I guess there's some budget ready to be spent. Not sure if SARU filtered some of the RWC money down to the unions either.

Not that I think he will ever go to the Bulls, but perhaps not as unrealistic financially.

Those locks gone, man, that is painfull. Bulls in trouble for2020.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Those locks gone, man, that is painfull. Bulls in trouble for2020.

I am not to sure about that.

Vodacom Bulls 2020 squad

Forwards: Simphiwe Matanzima, Gerhard Steenekamp, Lizo Gqoboka, Corniel Els, Jaco Visagie, Muller Uys, Johan Grobbelaar, Louis van der Westhuizen, Trevor Nyakane, Wiehahn Herbst, Dayan van der Westhuizen, Andries Ferreira, Ryno Pieterse, Ian Groenewald, Juandré Kruger, Ruan Nortje, Tim Agaba, Marco van Staden, Jeandré Rudolph, Ruan Steenkamp, Abongile Nonkontwana, Wian Vosloo, Josh Strauss.

Backs: Ivan van Zyl, Embrose Papier, Marco Jansen van Vuren, Morné Steyn, Chris Smith, Manie Libbok, Rosko Specman, Divan Rossouw, Burger Odendaal, Dylan Sage, Franco Naude, Cornal Hendricks, Nafi Tuitavake, Marnus Potgieter, Johnny Kotze, Jade Stighling, Warrick Gelant, Richard Kriel.