• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Trinity had a solid win at St Pat’s, I gather. It’s hard to say what this means - St Pat’s has good years and ordinary years. But they’re always scrappy and hard to beat at home. Interesting that Jamyesson Iremiah was picked at 12 having mostly played in the back row before. Trinity has Oakhill away this week.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
A few highlights from the game at Queens Park. The first try [a beauty, by Waverley] is at 7:20

Steppa,

Great video, I assume it was taken from the top of the pavilion.

It was a fast paced game and both sides had a real crack imo.

Pretty solid hit out for the 2nd game of the season.

B

Backline_Move

Looks like a box kick a thon from Riverview with the Dom easy playing at 12? Thought he wasn’t meant to be playing?

Bit of a different story then Waverley fans- sorry for the hard chat last night, but you looked by far the better team in that video, just weren’t super fit?

Exciting times ahead when you stop dropping the ball!

B

Backline_Move

Also simple defensive errors!

We will be targeting your 12 and 14!

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
It was more an indication of his talent than anything else.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His talent is unquestionable but as far as I am aware the ARU rules only allow for U15 players to be assessed to play up to U17 - not U18. It would be interesting to know what dispensation process has been applied for a 15 y.o. to play 1st XV - which I understand to be an U18 competition. The following is a quote from the policy (also linked).

"The Rugby Australia Participation Policy provides for dispensation outside the eligible age grades as follows: “A player’s physical development in conjunction with their ability and/or experience may be such that he or she may be allowed to participate in an age grade competition that is one year above or one year below their eligible age grades”. For example, a player turning 15 in the relevant calendar year who is already eligible to play in the Under 15 age group and the Under 16 age group, may receive dispensation to be able to participate in the Under 14 age group or Under 17 age group."

http://www.rugbyaustralia.com.au/Po...stralia Age Grade Dispensation Procedure .pdf

UptheGuts33

Frank Row (1)
Cranbrook beat St Pius 29-3.

Defensively Cranbrook were extremely impressive having only around 20% possession throughout the whole game, in no doubt a result of the amount of penalties that were awarded to Pius.

In attack their is certainly some work to do, however as the game progressed the side started to look better. It is clear from this game that if Cranbrook want to be competitive this year they will have to improve their attack. Lamens at fullback was looking good and brings energy into the backline when he gets involved.

Up_the_guts

Frank Row (1)
Aloys beat grammar on Saturday 38-3, a result which Aloys will be disappointed by in terms of attack. The game itself was ugly, with drop balls, missed tackles (mostly grammar) and excessive game stoppages by the referee causing the game to become very stop-start. Aloys were almost flawless in defence, not conceding a try, but will be disappointed in their discipline and their limited attack. The forwards were flat footed at time, and their contesting of the breakdown was sub par. Nevertheless, with Westbury back this weekend he brings with hime some flare that they seemed to be lacking on Saturday. On another note, the Aloys 2nds looked really good on Saturday, indicating that they may have some more depth this year, something they have lacked in years gone by.

Ben Pollack (10) and Luke Ryan (8) were probably the two stand out players for Aloys on Saturday.

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cranbrook beat St Pius 29-3.

Defensively Cranbrook were extremely impressive having only around 20% possession throughout the whole game, in no doubt a result of the amount of penalties that were awarded to Pius.

In attack their is certainly some work to do, however as the game progressed the side started to look better. It is clear from this game that if Cranbrook want to be competitive this year they will have to improve their attack. Lamens at fullback was looking good and brings energy into the backline when he gets involved.

Cranbrook won by 26 points, with only 20% of the ball?! That means that they must have converted what opportunities they had to score with the little possession they had; and as you say their attack needs improving, then the winning scoreline would have been by more...

I was at Hordern Oval earlier and saw both Cranbrook U-16A and U-16B teams heavily defeated by their St.Pius counterparts (both upwards of 40+ points)...

ruckman7

Peter Burge (5)
Cranbrook won by 26 points, with only 20% of the ball?! That means that they must have converted what opportunities they had to score with the little possession they had; and as you say their attack needs improving, then the winning scoreline would have been by more.

I was at Hordern Oval earlier and saw both Cranbrook U-16A and U-16B teams heavily defeated by their St.Pius counterparts (both upwards of 40+ points).

2 things, I don't know where this story about cranbrook not having possession much in the game is coming from I was at Brookvale and the game was a lot more contested than I think this post led people to believe with cranbrook slowly pulling away from Pius it is agreed that they definitely have a lot of areas to work on come round 1.

on the bright side, Great news for the 16's teams as that Pius team has been particularly dominant throughout ISA over the last couple of years, good to see Cranbrook is beginning to focus on age groups outside of the opens.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Looks like a box kick a thon from Riverview with the Dom easy playing at 12? Thought he wasn’t meant to be playing?

Bit of a different story then Waverley fans- sorry for the hard chat last night, but you looked by far the better team in that video, just weren’t super fit?

Exciting times ahead when you stop dropping the ball!

Yes he did come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.