• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

So by this logic , Trinity should have sent a player shorter that Waverley 9 to headbutt him in return . That would be OK ? I saw this blatant act of thuggery and would have sincerely hoped that the school would take action independently of any judiciary. Leaguies would call him a grub , I believe.
Again, your assumptions and conclusions are ridiculously exaggerated and out of touch. Again, i would say the 2 players would still be mates and respect each other as worthy opponenents. They'll no doubt compete just as hard next time they meet and may even be team mates in Reps. I'll leave you with your misguided moralistic outrage.

S

sidelineview

And most people would call you a whinger and a sore loser i believe.

S

sidelineview

Please ..... in the heat of the battle .. they were team mates in the successful U16s CAS team. Reactions straight after a game. And you guys are really venturing into dangerous territory with your name calling and accusations. It is schoolboy rugby involving schoolboys. You feel secure behind your phones and PCs shooting barbs at a schoolboy player. You can always tell when blokes have never played the game or been much good at it. You make up for it by sniping from the sidelines and online.

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ridiculously exaggerated? I saw it. If anything, I've downplayed it.

I really do shake my head.

You're saying the headbutt was ok because the guy doing it was smaller? Is that your logic? Good luck running that argument with the judiciary.

And again, you're defending a headbutt and calling it "alleged" thuggery? If a headbutt is alleged, what is actual thuggery? I didn't use the word thuggery either. You're saying calling a headbutt wrong is "misguided moralistic outrage"? Seriously? What sort of comment is that? They are to be defended now? Have a look at yourself.

We clearly have different standards. A bit of niggle and pushing and shoving is one thing. But I don't consider headbutts part of a "good hard game of schoolboy rugby", and nor do the pros. He'd get 4-6 weeks for that in Super Rugby I reckon.

The Waves 9 is very lucky the 3 people who count didn't see it, but many did. I don't know if there is a judiciary system to cite people or not. Does anyone know? Do they only deal with on-field reds?

He might have dodged a bullet, but rather than defend it, I would have thought it better to give him good counsel. He did the wrong thing, he should own the error and vow to learn from it. I hope he isn't surrounded by apologists, because he probably won't be so lucky next time.

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
There is no name calling, not by me. I am simply describing what I saw. Aren't we allowed to do that?

The heat of battle doesn't excuse it. Don't you realise that? He went too far. He may or may cop a suspension, but it is more important that he learns his lesson - that he cannot lose his cool and take things too far.

Surely you agree with that.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
That is bad news. Here's hoping for a speedy and complete recovery for the poor chap.

Yes agreed. But knowing how these injuries are I would say his season is over. I just hope that his leg in time can make a full recovery and that he suffers from no long term issues later in life. The angle of dislocation and fracture was eye watering.

The Oracle

Stan Wickham (3)
Sidelineview I heard the Trinity player who was headbutted refer to the Waverly 9 after the game as a f.. lowlife scumbag grub. It was obvious he's never been and never will be a mate of his.
Surely not! Now I am moralistically outraged. Surely this Trinity player should understand it is perfectly normal and accepted that mates go out and headbutt each other and then sit around laughing and bond over the expierience ?

S

sidelineview

Karma Police. You did mention the word thuggery and i didnt mention the other word starting with h. Thats your claim and surely i dont have to go along with you to appease you do i?
Anyway im sure the 2 schools will sort it out if they deem necessary so you outraged name calling Trinity mothers can all go back to your knitting now.

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
I did NOT use the word thuggery. It's easy to check - go back and do it. Don't rewrite history.

Just go on defending foul play. How would you feel if the Trinity boy did it to a Waverley boy? All fair, just heat of the battle, right?

You're digging yourself a bigger hole with every post.

S

sidelineview

Worse things happen every game and during Sats game unseen in rucks. Everyone could whinge after every game which is a full body contact sport. Please go back to your knitting and make something cute for winter.

The Oracle

Stan Wickham (3)
Your assumption that knitting is a female only activity is in itself mysogynistic is it not?
Not really ...it was in reply to the earlier comment that sort to denigrate us - as Trinity mothers that should go back to our knitting and stop whinging . The implication is simple is it not? If ,in fact the Trinity boy is also guilty of the same , I would sincerely hope that he is dealt with in an unbiased way by the judiciary or the school.

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
I was at the game and must admit I didn't see the Trinity 6 headbutt the Waverley 9, or the Waverley 9 headbutt the Trinity 6. More importantly neither did the referee or the two assistant referees who were much closer to the game than any of the people buying into this discussion. The obvious question is, if it was so obvious then why did nobody that close to the alleged events see it ? Given one of the ARs had also red carded two boys in the 2nds game he refereed (one from each for a nothing much push and shove - but after a team warning) I don't see him as someone unwilling to discipline players. This he/she said/saw something that he/she didn't and then arguing about it doesn't do much for the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.