• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
BBR, Yes they are very strong, have watched them a few times against strong GPS schools, and the scores have been massive.
However, as we all know, things and boys and training changes as they age, we have seen all this before, so let's wait and see.
just look at Newington, their 1st as an age division were very strong. I expect the same will happen to Waves.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Never B&W! :)
Hello WLF3

Unfortunately, as the years go WLF3, you be confronted by Mother Nature, in the form of Puberty. Boys from other CAS schools will get bigger, stronger and faster closing the gap, that Wave boys have now over their counterparts. They may even in the years to come, even surpass their counterpoints at Waves. Particularly, at Knox where they have massive depth, to call upon, beening some 350 Boys per year group. Some of these Knox boys may not be even playing Rugby at present. But as their bodies grow, they often look to the challenge of playing a more physical sport than soccer. The Puberty Blues, will catch up sooner or later.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
If I hear anything, I'll post it to the forum, but I'm not sure at the moment. Barker really doesn't need any more absences. They've been heavily affected by injuries all season.
I cant see the lad playing much more CAS rugby if he has been picked in a men's test team. Or undertaking much more school for that matter.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hello WLF3

Unfortunately, as the years go WLF3, you be confronted by Mother Nature, in the form of Puberty. Boys from other CAS schools will get bigger, stronger and faster closing the gap, that Wave boys have now over their counterparts. They may even in the years to come, even surpass their counterpoints at Waves. Particularly, at Knox where they have massive depth, to call upon, beening some 350 Boys per year group. Some of these Knox boys may not be even playing Rugby at present. But as their bodies grow, they often look to the challenge of playing a more physical sport than soccer. The Puberty Blues, will catch up sooner or later.

WLF, for some reason this reminds me of your Waverley contemporary, Henry Krzzzwzkczk (I may not have the spelling absolutely correct). In his first few years at school, he was twice the size of everyone else, needed to shave three times a day, and was an absolute monster on the rugby field and running track. By Year 12, everyone else had caught up and his impact faded. But that was, I admit, an extreme example.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see that this week in the 15s and 14s, Trinity's As are playing the St Aloysius Bs. That, I assume, is sensible management. But it's not a good sign.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Hello WLF3

Agree B & W.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
WLF, for some reason this reminds me of your Waverley contemporary, Henry Krzzzwzkczk (I may not have the spelling absolutely correct). In his first few years at school, he was twice the size of everyone else, needed to shave three times a day, and was an absolute monster on the rugby field and running track. By Year 12, everyone else had caught up and his impact faded. But that was, I admit, an extreme example.
Yep Snort, agree, it happens all the time. In fact, Henry didn't make our 1979 side. He was a runner not a footy player!

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Have a question I was hoping could be cleared up I was looking at Katoa for barker online after his selection and couldn’t help but notice he was 19 years old and born in Feb 2003 does this not make him too old to play CAS rugby or am I incorrect.

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
Interesting. It’s definitely 18 in the school year unless you seek exemption, and it can’t be your 3rd year in the firsts. Knox had a winger that wasn’t allowed to play in year 12 a few years ago (it was his 3rd year in the firsts). Had to play Gordon colts instead.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Have a question I was hoping could be cleared up I was looking at Katoa for barker online after his selection and couldn’t help but notice he was 19 years old and born in Feb 2003 does this not make him too old to play CAS rugby or am I incorrect.
I believe that is correct, he is ineligible, which is not good. Unless the CAS heads all agree he can play, Barker did this a couple of years ago with another back, Hasbeen or WTF will know who I mean.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Knox have moved former 1st XV coach Tai Glassie to the U13s to build from the bottom so a very positive move. This U16 group i believe got belted when in the u13s but have grown together, not sure if they play club or not.
Overall coaching and program still needs tonnes of work but numbers are up and there is heaps of natural talent and i think they won most A games against New except 15A. Last years 16A lost to Waves at Death Valley after the siren from a sideline conversion after the outstanding tight head got yellow carded (correct decision) and 4-5 of them are in 1sts forward pack, including whole front row.
The Waves unfortunately have 4 forwards out on Sat in their 16as, including both big front rowers, so uncontested scrums will be in play.
A shame as this was 1 of the games of the day but we will see, not good for anyone.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
That may be exciting news for the boy in question but I don’t see it as good news for CAS rugby. It would be more interesting if Aus rugby was finding ways of enticing talented kids like that to stay in the 15 man game, although I guess he was always a league prospect taking an opportunity to spend a couple of years in a fantastic school and further rounding out his overall game.
You’re acting like he doesn’t deserve his place in the CAS squad or the school… wtf ?!?!
“Always a league prospect” what a joke .. he’s playing rugby union at the school, that’s the end of the story … it’s none of your business what he once he finishes school … what about all the boys in the 1st XV who never touch a football again once they finish school ? Is that “good for CAS Rugby” , are they also, “taking a opportunity to $PEND a couple years in a fantastic school ? “ … where is that discussion ?