• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Looks quiet here. Any news from the Waverley faithful?
Yes Joker, tough for both sides with a rain affected ground.

Waves led 19 nil after 20 mins, and 22-7 at oranges.
Newington then scored a good backline try to make it 22-14.
Waves held the territorial advantage most of the 2nd half and crossed a couple of times but to be denied, not sure why, as on 1 occasion the ref brought it back and gave waves the penalty.

New 10 looked sharp and their backline looks solid but it's hard in the wet.
The Waves forwards were slightly dominant in particular their big running props and flanker from last year.

A pretty good game in the conditions.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Does anyone have opens score for the waverley games? Which 2's teams are looking strongest for this year?
Hi Props, the Waves 1sts defeated Newington last Sat 22-14, the 2nds lost 12-5, and the 3rds lost 15-5.
It was a tough wet ground for both teams and the 2rds and 3rds game could have gone either way, very few tries.
The Waves 1sts could have scored more points than 22 but for final passes.

Barker are clear favorites, followed by Knox and then probably Cranbrook/Trinity.
Pulling up the rear is Waves and Aloys IMO.

Iloverucks1

Stan Wickham (3)
Trinity 31-10 over St Gregorys. Riverview 32 Cranbrook 7. No surprises there.
Hi Snort,
I do agree given the circumstances neither match was entirely suprising... The dichotomy between St. Gregory's league and side has steadily widened and shows no sign of slowing, despite efforts to allow boys to play both.

I think Cranbrook has been a spot unlucky this year so far, it's front row currently being made up of 2 3rd XV player's from last year as well as the 16A's prop. An injury to tenured hooker Obaseki and no sign of the 16A's beast tight-head who played brilliantly against Barker last year. Despite this, the game still intrigued, and Riverview's counterattack flipped the field in a flash consistently.

Is there any footage of the Waverley game from the weekend? Would be excited to watch the usually dominant team struggle. (pretty sure last year's age group didn't lose a game in 6 years)
ILR

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just saw on the NSW Rugby page Riverview is playing Barker on 28 may Saturday night at 5:30 at Leichhardt Oval anybody have any thoughts or predictions. Should have a better idea after the Cranbrook vs Riverview game
Barker i would say are probably tipped by most to win but i really wouldn't be surprised if Riverview do beat them, with Isaiya Katoa out and afters last years nail biter game, the View boys will be hungry to beat them again.

FrankGalluzo

Bob McCowan (2)
Barker i would say are probably tipped by most to win but i really wouldn't be surprised if Riverview do beat them, with Isaiya Katoa out and afters last years nail biter game, the View boys will be hungry to beat them again.
I disagree after watching Riverview last week they didn't look as strong as previous years barker should put a score on them even without Katoa.

regards Frank

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
I disagree after watching Riverview last week they didn't look as strong as previous years barker should put a score on them even without Katoa.

regards Frank
I do agree there as i excepted a bigger score from the Blue and white against Cranbrook and they are definitely not on par with their last years team, but i can still see an upset with them coming out on top

FrankGalluzo

Bob McCowan (2)
Just found out barker have got 6'5 recking ball Covey Brown (yr 10) from a Pittwater high school ( school of Trbojevic brothers ). great ball runner force to be reckoned with, and has the ball skills of a flyhallf. CANT WAIT! barker vs Riverview this weekend should be a cracker.
Remember the name

Regards frank