• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
I mean do NRL players only play for the love of the game ? No…( im sure they love their job), but it’s all about the pay check at the end of the day …

As someone who has played that game... I can not see very many of those NRL boys truly loving that joke of a game.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
There would be a whole lot of "lose" I will tell you that much.
I reckon there would be less "lose" if players had more games under pressure. Relative to France and the UK our "development players" are kept in cotton wool. I reckon that is part of the reason why NRL players are seen to be better athletes, the difference is just a lot more practice executing skills under pressure. As the Kiwis see players drift to Europe from the NPC they will start to catch the RA disease.

Last edited:

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Joe walsh
I reckon there would be less "lose" if players had more games under pressure. Relative to France and the UK our "development players" are kept in cotton wool. I reckon that is part of the reason why NRL players are seen to be better athletes, the difference is just a lot more practice executing skills under pressure. As the Kiwis see players drift to Europe from the NPC they will start to catch the Rugby Australia disease.
these kids train so much from u18s to u20s but play no football. Missing games because they participate in aus and gen blue camps.

Steve Jones

Stan Wickham (3)
Is Alo’s in danger of being booted from CAS 1st 15 comp? Some hopeless results in 2023. Big thrashings . Will Alos 1sts play in CAS 2nds comp in 2024? Eg think Syd Grammar/Syd High playing in 2nds 3rds comps and quitting 1st 15 GPS comp.