• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBoppa123

Frank Row (1)
I've never heard of this "O'Callaghan" boy. I have a number of people that i know at aloys but none of them have mentioned him. has he joined just recently? (past few weeks maybe?)

Yeah he is a little bit unknown amongst the boys as a rugby superstar mostly because of his underwhelming size. But i have seen him play and he is a superstar in the making

BigBoppa123

Frank Row (1)
Jeremy Wells looks to be a certainty for the No.2 Hooker spot this season. He was selected for CAS u11s and u12s in 2012 and 2013, but has fell out of favour with selectors since. However, he is keen to make a comeback with the St. Aloysius u16 A's in the 2017 season.

No mention of poops. You gotta be joking

Barkermom123

Frank Row (1)
Im also liking the look of Jack O'Callaghan, a recent 'import' from the St Aloysius side. Originally from Melbourne, Jack moved to Sydney as a result of his thirst and hunger for the game. Jack may be a little bit scrawny and rough around the edges but boy does he pack a punch. I could see him playing loose-head prop (his favoured position), but he is a very versatile player as a result of his size and speed (think Michael Hooper). O'Callaghan could be a name we here for many years to come.

Thanks for this insight. Great to here from you again Big Boppa, you always seem to have such great inside information, so relevant to this league. Unfortunately I have heard this O'Callaghan has a potential attitude issue, with rumours coming out of the Melbourne Rebels academy squad that he was at odds with many of the coaches including Head Coach Dean Thill. It would take lots of work to overturn Jack O'Callaghan's poor attitude, I think St Aloysius' might have missed it with this gamble!!

BigBoppa123

Frank Row (1)
Thanks for this insight. Great to here from you again Big Boppa, you always seem to have such great inside information, so relevant to this league. Unfortunately I have heard this O'Callaghan has a potential attitude issue, with rumours coming out of the Melbourne Rebels academy squad that he was at odds with many of the coaches including Head Coach Dean Thill. It would take lots of work to overturn Jack O'Callaghan's poor attitude, I think St Aloysius' might have missed it with this gamble!!

Thankyou for taking my submission seriously, unlike some other people in this forum....

I have heard of this attitude problem from others aswell, and it may be a problem. However, I feel that the move to St Aloysius could really transform him into an inspiration young man

IloveScrums

Frank Row (1)
Jeremy Wells looks to be a certainty for the No.2 Hooker spot this season. He was selected for CAS u11s and u12s in 2012 and 2013, but has fell out of favour with selectors since. However, he is keen to make a comeback with the St. Aloysius u16 A's in the 2017 season.

of course he's the machine Jeremy Wells, he has put in the effort and i definitely believe he can do it to

Barkermom123

Frank Row (1)
of course he's the machine Jeremy Wells, he has put in the effort and i definitely believe he can do it to

I heard Jeremy Wells along with Nicholas Powell are rarely seen outside of the gym. These two players with the rugby skill clinics they have been attending have a future with no limits if this continuation of hard work and determination continues. Both these fine young men must be locked in for Round 1 at St Aloysius' College, maybe a potential run for the CAS team!!!!

Ray Leathermann

Frank Row (1)
1. Enrique Grobbler (K)
2. Sean Kennedy (K)
3. Hugo Hayman/ Alex rice (C) (W)
4. Jordan Cameron (B)
5. Alex Oreilly (C)
6. Connor Molloy (W)
7. Billy pollard (B)
8. Jaymesson/ Tom g (T) (K)
9. Tas smith (C)
10. Ben pollack (A)
11. Harrison Layton (T)
12. Sam Rechner (K)
13. Kyle Galloway (B)
14. Charlie webb (A)
15. Spencer Spalding (A)

This team includes some more aloys players considering they won the comp last year. This is only a draft in my opinion I'm sure there are plenty of other players with a strong chance of making it. Feel free to give your suggestions below

Spencer Spalding is an interesting pick for 15, he does not have much experience in this position.

Microwave

Bob McCowan (2)
Just a question for you barker mum do you feel like nick powells recent enduction into the Sydney uni training squad will improve aloys chances of winning?

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
In my opinion Hayden Biet is the best back and should be in everyones predicted team.

I agree, however he is in my CAS 1s team not my 16s. And also what about the new dude from england, James Cormack? Surely he would have a spot reserved in the CAS 16s team.

Microwave

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Grobler (K)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. Haymen (C)
4. Cameron (B)
5. Wilson (B)
6. Molloy (W)
7. Pollard (B)
8. Partington (A)
9. Williams (B)
10. Pollack (A)
11. Galloway (B)
12. Spalding (A)
13. Rechner (K)
14. Biet (B)
15. Vass (B)

I think this side has a lot of talent and could easily/ if not beat GPS.
Thoughts??
I believe the inclusion of Gua Partington is a good option

Props rule

Frank Nicholson (4)
love the thread and enthusiasm from CAS but as a GPS "spy" quick reminder that the GPS side will have plenty of size and talent running around. Some big hard running forwards in Nick Jones (NSW U15, 6.1 and 100+kg), Simeone Schmidt (NSW U15 6.4 and 120kg), Hugh Bokenham (6.3 and 90+kg) not to mention Louis Robinson who is probably the best flanker running around. All should be in the mix. Couple that with Albert, Connelly and Chan as the 9,10 and 12 (all NSW U15) GPS will shape up well. Plenty of GPS talent to come through from Scots and Newington in addition to the above

Shame more enthusiasm from CAS than GPS on the 16's thread but looking forward to the season and lots of great battles for the boys, especially given most of them played in that Lindfield and Gordon team together so will add some special extra rivalry.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is Hayden Biet playing 7's on the weekend, or are Barking deciding to rest him for the season that lies ahead? If he is, i cant wait to see the human wrecking ball in action once more.

ru$tytromboen

Bob McCowan (2)
Is Hayden Biet playing 7's on the weekend, or are Barking deciding to rest him for the season that lies ahead? If he is, i cant wait to see the human wrecking ball in action once more.

When and Where will 7's take part? Hope to see some good action.

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)

Not sure whether barker are playing him or resting him for the 1st round of CAS. However rumour has it that barker are resting Charlie Williams can this be confirmed ?

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure whether barker are playing him or resting him for the 1st round of CAS. However rumour has it that barker are resting Charlie Williams can this be confirmed ?

This is 7's not 1st round of CAS. I know Barker are not playing their strongest side possible. I know they are resting most of their players from Stannies and are bringing people, the selectors want a closer look at.

Barkermom123

Frank Row (1)
This is 7's not 1st round of CAS. I know Barker are not playing their strongest side possible. I know they are resting most of their players from Stannies and are bringing people, the selectors want a closer look at.
Yep, will be the last chance that some of the boys get to showcase their talent, good luck to all the young lads, it will be a real tussle for those last spots in the best XV. Selectors Headache!!

Status
Not open for further replies.