• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheating Saffa Bastard World Champions vs Ye Olde Alun Wyn Jones Singalong Club Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The more things change the more they stay the same.

Expect to not see much difference in the first test as far as Bok selection goes. PS du toit will likely return in the second test. Lots of Safafs were only released by their English clubs this week so some of the starters will have had little time with the squad.

Likely 23:
Willie, Cheslin, Am, de Allende, Mapimip, Pollard, Faf
Ginger, Bongi, Frans Madherbs, Lood, Etsebeth, Kolisi, Mosters, Wiese

Boms diposal unit:
Nche, Koch, Marx, Kwgga, Elrich Louw, Roos, Jantjies, Jantjies

Debut for two backrowers (Mostert covers lock). Two of the most exciting young players I have seen out of SA in years. Roos is an 8. A love child of Pierre Spies and Duane Vermeulen (read: quick as a back, big muscles but plays like a real forward. This guy is going to be frightening). Louw is a proper blindside as in was born to be that and only that. I predict that he will be a superstar for the Boks and could see PS du Toit move back into the lock to accommodate him. He is going to be that good.

If the Boks win the first 2 test, we will see wholesale changes bringing in lots of the youngsters.

Wales? Alun and 14 other blokes including a few token Kiwis.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Saffas flop it out early without a care in the world.
1656412851855.png

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What's the go with Moerat and Louw? I assume absolute mountains of men that are impossibly quick & big?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Liking the no-nonsense prison mugshots. No fucking around with the artsy backlighting and angled poses and handjive bullshit. Just straight up prison mugshots.

Mahlherbe looks like he just got busted with a gaggle of kindergarteners chained to the radiator in his basement.

Lood de Jager for wiping his arse with a litter of kittens he found on his doorstep one morning.

Last edited:

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Liking the no-nonsense prison mugshots. No fucking around with the artsy backlighting and angled poses and handjive bullshit. Just straight up prison mugshots.

Mahlherbe looks like he just got busted with a gaggle of kindergarteners chained to the radiator in his basement.

Lood de Jager for wiping his arse with a litter of kittens he found on his doorstep one morning.

Mostert wins the prize - looks like he has been headbutting baseball bats in preparation for this game

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
What's the go with Moerat and Louw? I assume absolute mountains of men that are impossibly quick & big?
Louw was the best forward in the URC comp, followed by young Evan Roos from the Stormers. Big, athletic blindside. One hell of a player.

Moerat came into the system last year but never played for Boks. He and Etsebeth were school buddies and played together, He is a hard working and no-frills number 4.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I believe this match is sold out. Wales will be up against it!
Apparently they only allowed full crowd back since last week so no surprise and with a resurgent Bulls the Pretoria faithful are back in numbers,

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Only gripe I have is that the Stormers finally worked out that 12 is Damian Willemse's best position even though he has played more at 15. He was really good at 12 in the URC. Warrick Gelant was sensational at 15 for the Stormers so quite surprised. Easily the most impactful back in the URC comp. The Boks have to move on from Willie but they have him as cover as Pollard is not quite ready and Frans Steyn is injured.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Moerat came into the system last year but never played for Boks. He and Etsebeth were school buddies and played together, He is a hard working and no-frills number 4.
Etzebeth is almost 7 years older than him.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
It’s great to see Loftus filled with crazy fans, looks like an incredible atmosphere. Along with these saffa commentators who are just unapologetically biased, it’s great fun. Just wanna join the Bok party train. Not a great start for them tho.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
It’s great to see Loftus filled with crazy fans, looks like an incredible atmosphere. Along with these saffa commentators who are just unapologetically biased, it’s great fun. Just wanna join the Bok party train. Not a great start for them tho.
i won't spoil it for you Dc but the ref is some help to the side which eventually wins

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
i won't spoil it for you Dc but the ref is some help to the side which eventually wins
Wow, that was something else. Ref could hear the crowds and knew he had to get out of that stadium alive. Thought Wales were gonna really get there. SA didn't deserve it but a bit smug that Wales finally got fucked by the ref after constantly benefitting.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Wales were pretty cynical in the last 10 or so. As DC says it’s nice to see them on the wrong end of the calls for a change.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
No issues at all with a referee dropping a team down to 12 (or less) if they are just cynically cheating infringing as a form of defence.

However, that particular referee had a significantly negative impact on the game in terms of his positioning - he was quite often in the way of both sides in attack or defence and he impeded player's options repeatedly.

I don't really recall seeing that too often before at international level, but it was really noticeable last night (i.e. really annoying as I found myself yelling at the referee to get the fuck out of the way).

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Absolutely love what the saffas have done, changed it up completely. Excited for Andre Esterhuizen to cement his spot.

1657019153827.png

Status
Not open for further replies.