• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Force Rd 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I hate bye weeks.

So the Cheetahs had a narrow loss to the Bulls and are looking a lot better with Brussouw back. How are we going do?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I hate bye weeks.

So the Cheetahs had a narrow loss to the Bulls and are looking a lot better with Brussouw back. How are we going do?
Bonus point win to the good guys you heard it here first!

Also happy May the Forth day to all!

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm actually feeling a big win or comfortable win, We do OK in Africa. 2 wins in Africa would put us in great position for a finals run. Also we face the lions after our tour. The showing they put up against the chiefs looks like we could win all three

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm a bit nervous. The Cheetahs pushed the balls pretty hard at Loftus and that is no mean feat. Their backline has a lot of good players too. Given the home team rub of the green this year, we might be in for a tough night. Although I would kill to see the team take two wins in RSA. We are just one win from being ahead of the Brumbies and Tahs and we are also a game behind. I also don't think the Sharks will win too many more games this season.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Without Alby it's a lot tougher ask. Truth be told, if we don't win these two the finals are probably out of reach. We need these two plus the Lions game to give us nine wins, and then we need one more either away to the Crusaders or Brumbies (unlikely), or the Reds or Blues at NIB (50/50) for the 10 wins and a guaranteed finals berth.

But I'm a believer, I think we will win both of these.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
If we want to be finals contenders then these are the kinds of games we need to win. The Cheetahs have had a funny old season and are certainly more than capable of turning us over. We need to suffocate them on D and smash them at the breakdown, because they can flat out run the ball when the mood takes them.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Not very confident with this one. The standings on the ladder mean nothing this season. As mentioned before Brussow is a menace and home side will get the favourable calls from the ref as it has across the board. The main thing for me is our set piece has been ordinary. lineout has been a shambles the last couple games and the scrum was weak against the rebels. If these havent been addressed the last couple weeks its gonna be hard work to get the 2 wins in SA.
The back 3 better be on their toes especially cummins who can be inconsistant and a bit slow in defense out wide.
Force underdogs. Cheetahs win.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm a bit nervous. The Cheetahs pushed the balls pretty hard at Loftus and that is no mean feat. Their backline has a lot of good players too. Given the home team rub of the green this year, we might be in for a tough night. Although I would kill to see the team take two wins in RSA. We are just one win from being ahead of the Brumbies and Tahs and we are also a game behind. I also don't think the Sharks will win too many more games this season.

The Sharks will get better. They have suffered from terrible decision making at 10. Swiel is a rookie and Steyn is not a 10.

Zeilnga will start at 10 this weekend and Lambie and Reinach (preferred 10 and 9) likely the next.

People are writing them off way too early. They have had to hang on for dear life with some really bad injuries but players are starting to come back.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
ps. Cheetahs have looked better in last two weeks.

At home with Brussow back they are favorites in my opinion.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
ps. Cheetahs have looked better in last two weeks.

At home with Brussow back they are favorites in my opinion.

And Brussow is starting to look like the pest of old. Poor bastard won't make the Boks again, Meyer is focussed on big slow brutes as open side flanker. But I reckon the Cheetahs will clear the bottom of the table over the remaining rounds, they are starting to look good again, though they need to continue their improvement trajectory.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Coenie, Brussow and Goosen start.

Cheetahs by 20+

To play like they did last season.

M

Moono75

This is a different Force team. They have discovered self belief and are very team focused. They are in a good position to achieve something this year and won't be distracted from the task at hand.

It will be a tough game...always is in the republic...but I think the Force should get up.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It's not a given at all. The force usually do well in South Africa though. If we can beat the cheetahs I can see us beating the Stormers next week.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Force

1. Pek Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Kieran Longbottom
4. Adam Coleman
5. Sam Wykes
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Ben McCalman