• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Reds. Round 10, Sun 19 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.
  5. Go the REDS!
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Just in case anyone wanted to talk about this game. Not sure I do. Hopefully that changes by the week's end.

One talking point is the SOS sent to Capt. Angry to get him on a plane to Bloemfontein. We could see the glorious Simmons/Horwill lock pairing reunited once again.

Hopefully, Simmons gets in Kev's ear and lets him know that he just can't go around Horwilling people willy nilly. There is an art to doing dumb shit and it's something that he (Simmons) has been working at for ages.

Also, I'd be keen to find out what Frisby's status is. Hope he's not injured but would be ok with Taps or JOC (James O'Connor) being given another shot at 10. Actually, if Frisby is injured, do we have a back up 9 over there? Did I read that Tuttle plays 9?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds can definitely win this match. Whether or not they do remains to be seen but if they play even close to their potential they should win it.

I'm kind of hoping the media starts bagging Genia out saying he's going shit as he seems to really fire up when that happens. And bag out any other Red they feel needs a rev up. Which is realistically most of them.

Was Cheetahs first win after 6 losses last weekend. Haven't we lost 6 on the trot now so we must be due....

Their defense is even leakier than ours. Just hoping O'Connor is back and we play our first 20 minutes more like we did v the Rebels than against the Bulls. And Stuart Berry isn't the ref.

Happy

Dave Cowper (27)
This in today's Australian, at the bottom of an article on the Smith twins:
"Wallabies hooker Saia Fainga’a and centre Ben Tapuai have been sent home from South Africa after being ruled out of Saturday’s game with the Cheetahs in Bloemfontein. The Reds have sufficient back reserves to not require a replacement for Tapuai but have called over their third-string hooker Andrew Ready as back-up to James Hanson. If he plays against the Cheetahs, he will be the Reds’ 14th debutant this season."

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yikes.

Congrats to Andrew Ready. Deserves it.

Likely to be much the same team as last week right?

15 Hunt
14 CFS
13 Kerevi
12 Fainga'a
11 Turner
10 Frisby
9 Genia
8 Thomson
7 Gill
6 Browning
5 Simmons
4 Horwill
3 Holmes
2 Hanson
1 Slipper

16 Ready
17 Daley
18 Fagaase
19 Kotze
20 Murday
21 Korzcyk
22 Tuttle
23 Kuridrani

???

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cheetahs v Reds @ Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein
Saturday, April 18
Kick-Off19:10
RefereeJaco van Heerden
AR1Quinton Immelman
AR2Lourens van der Merwe
TMOShaun Veldsman

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Toyota Cheetahs: Coenie van Wyk, Cornal Hendricks, Johann Sadie, Francois Venter, Raymond Rhule, Joe Pietersen, Sarel Pretorius; Willie Britz, Boom Prinsloo, Heinrich Brussow, Francois Uys (capt), Carl Wegner, Coenie Oosthuizen, Torsten van Jaarsveld, BG Uys.
Reserves: Stephan Coetzee, Danie Mienie, Maks van Dyk, Steven Sykes, Tienie Burger, Tian Meyer, Willie du Plessis, Ryno Benjamin.

More (deserved?) disrespect of the Reds:

Toyota Cheetahs coach Naka Drotske has given his Springbok fullback Willie le Roux a well-earned ras he made just one change to the team to face the Queensland Reds in their Vodacom Super Rugby match in Bloemfontein this weekend.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I was looking for another Bloemfontein fun fact but there aren't any. The most interesting thing about the place is the translation of the name to 'fountain of flowers'. The players have no excuses for being distracted at training this week. And come on, you saw the translation and thought it was pretty soft, don't deny it.

Reds by 2

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I dont understand why Kuridrani got dropped for CFS.. CFS looks fat slow and uninterested, Kuridrani looks good and strong..

Dont get it

I though Kurindrani was injured and CFS came in for him. Not sure if he's still got a niggle but also think CFS has been doing ok on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.