• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Rebels 14:35 18/03

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Competition's leaders away from home, tough ask for plucky Rebels. A bonus point loss would be admirable.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
With Rebels consistency over the years I feel like this will be ugly, hope they can play like the last 2 weeks and make it a contest.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Is this the back to earth game? I'm not so sure.

I think the Rebels are proving to be a gritty team that will hang with you and pounce on a chance. Ili & Hodge are playing really well at the moment with a Back Row that gets through a mountain of work.

Chiefs 26 Rebels 19

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
With Rebels consistency over the years I feel like this will be ugly, hope they can play like the last 2 weeks and make it a contest.
Good luck I say :) (The Chiefs are humming atm, and I get the feeling they have another gear still)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Trying out a Discord channel for matches this weekend. If you're interested try this invite.

It looks like a deep web grooming website to "connect with young people online".

I signed up within femtoseconds.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Nah, no disrespect at all bro...

The Chiefs have lost four All Blacks for Saturday’s clash with the Melbourne Rebels because of the national side’s rest protocols in a Rugby World Cup season.

Co-captains Sam Cane and Brad Weber, star playmaker Damian McKenzie and lock Brodie Retallick will all miss the fourth round of Super Rugby Pacific when the Chiefs host the Rebels in Hamilton.+

From: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-rugby-pacific-teams-announced-for-round-four

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Rebels team:

1. Matt Gibbon
2. Alex Mafi
3. Sam Talakai
4. Tuaina Taii Tualima
5. Trevor Hosea
6. Josh Kemeny
7. Brad Wilkin (C)
8. Richard Hardwick
9. Ryan Louwrens
10. Carter Gordon
11. Monty Ioane
12. Stacey Ili
13. Reece Hodge (VC)
14. Lachie Anderson
15. Nick Jooste

16. Anaru Rangi
17. Cabous Eloff
18. Pone Fa’amausili
19. Vaiolini Ekuasi
20. Angelo Smith
21. James Tuttle
22. David Feliuai
23. Lukas Ripley

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Article says Canham has concussion. No mention of Uelese, but he looks to be a bit on the outer

Probably an opportunity to look at other options. In this case, the reliable Rangi deserves a shot.

Jordan is probably at a bit of a crossroads. Unless he's in the Wallaby frame, he will likely head OS for a stint. A shame, really.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Chiefs are without Sam Cane and Brad Weber, Damian McKenzie and Brodie Retallick - that's serious firepower and leadership missing. I think the Rebels have a chance

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Good to see Trevor Hosea in the side again. I was thinking it might have been the end of the year when he limped off last week. The finishing front row has a more dangerous look to it than the starting one. Go Rebs.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Good to see Trevor Hosea in the side again. I was thinking it might have been the end of the year when he limped off last week. The finishing front row has a more dangerous look to it than the starting one. Go Rebs.
Guy had player 80 minutes of rugby prior to last week where he had to play a full game. Was cramping up, was his most minutes ever if say.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Liking a All Blacks rest policy, hopefully the unsettled Chiefs drop there first game of the season. Don't really rate Gatland at 10, and think resting your 9/10 combo at the same time is a massive gamble.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think it's a pretty big gamble resting players they are, but guessing it's a plan, (and I not sure DMac is part of AB rest policy as he never played last year), and has to do also with giving a few a break before the next few weeks games too as they away to Tahs nest week (Tahs a team most in NZ expected biggish things from this year) and Blues week after. so may be about that too. I still like team, Ratima is a sharp young halfback, Gatland isn't a bad 10 (with Ioane on bench) and Ah Khuoi and Selby-Rickett are a couple of locks that can cut it at this level even if a bit os a step down from Retallick and Vai'i (and Lord who is injured anyway). Got the makings of a good match, as I rated the Rebels game last week pretty highly.