• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs vs Waratahs QF 4 June 2.35 AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
This has making of a good one RN, genuine chance of going either way I think.
Tahs would take underdog status but a chance…although I felt that chance diminished with that performance against the blues as tahs had no spark. Need to quickly find it to have chance against the chiefs at home.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep well Hamilton due for a fair bit of rain this week, but think it meant to improve a bit by weekend, and FMG stadium does have bloody good surface, so not too bad hopefully.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Fuck…..
The three worst games this year
51-27 loss to Chiefs. Referee, Nick Berry
32-20 loss to Reds. Referee, Nick Berry
27-20 loss to Brumbies. Referee, Nick Berry

In fact the only game we’ve won was the first against the Drua where we were so utterly dominant he likely had little opportunity to vent his hate.
Loves a penalty… is there a referee out there that can let the game flow and understand that not every technical penalty to the letter of the law, needs to be awarded?

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
If HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is fit, we've at least got a chance at parity at scrum time, scrum while not been dismal while he's been injured, hasn't been ideal

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
If HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is fit, we've at least got a chance at parity at scrum time, scrum while not been dismal while he's been injured, hasn't been ideal
Getting pushed off ball v Blues before half time with them only having 6 was the loss right there. We should have put on two tries at least during that period. Hope HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is fit.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
To be fair, the Tahs weren't actually pushed off the ball, Holtz was popped, which is more one prop dominating his opposite number rather than the whole scrum being rolled. It was a bit of a lesson for Holtz, and it got to him, as he started early engaging after that. Hopefully he emerges all the better from the experience.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
To be fair, the Tahs weren't actually pushed off the ball, Holtz was popped, which is more one prop dominating his opposite number rather than the whole scrum being rolled. It was a bit of a lesson for Holtz, and it got to him, as he started early engaging after that. Hopefully he emerges all the better from the experience.
It’s a good thing it happened in that game, he will be able to fix it from seeing what was going on. Good lessons learned for Archer for long term.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Getting pushed off ball v Blues before half time with them only having 6 was the loss right there. We should have put on two tries at least during that period. Hope HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is fit.
Like you I hope Johnson-Holmes is fit, even if its only for the first 40 or so. No criticism of Holtz, he's a rookie still learning his trade, and he's done really well so far but learning to prop takes years. Look what Franks did to us in the Canes game after we creamed their starting front row. Its the primary reason we lost that game. That's what experienced front rows bring (not that Johnson-Holmes is an old prop either). We just need our best props on first to set the tone, particularly as Berry is not a noted scrummaging ref and will blow us off the park if he thinks we are getting dominated.
If he's out I would start Smith. He was good in his last outing, even around the park (surprised me too) and would just supply that first 40 stability that's so vital. Then bring on Holtz just after half time to finish the Tribe off.

Last edited:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Like you I hope Johnson-Holmes is fit, even if its only for the first 40 or so. No criticism of Holtz, he's a rookie still learning his trade, and he's done really well so far but learning to prop takes years. Look what Franks did to us in the Canes game after we creamed their starting front row. Its the primary reason we lost that game. That's what experienced front rows bring (not that Johnson-Holmes is an old prop either). We just need our best props on first to set the tone, particularly as Berry is not a noted scrummaging ref and will blow us off the park if he thinks we are getting dominated.
If he's out I would start Smith. He was good in his last outing, even around the park (surprised me too) and would just supply that first 40 stability that's so vital. Then bring on Holtz just after half time to finish the Tribe off.
Young props getting schooled is always going to happen, I was more disappointed with his attitude afterwards

Just nod your head, mutter "c*nt" under your breath and plan to get him at the next scrum

Status
Not open for further replies.