• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
So, it's little over a month away from the Super 15 so what do you predict for the conferences?

AUS:
-----
Reds
Waratahs
Brumbies
Rebels
Western Force

NZ:
---
Crusaders
Blues
Hurricanes
Chiefs
Highlanders

RSA
-----
Stormers
Sharks
Cheetahs
Lions
Bulls

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Aus

Tahs
Reds
Force
Brumbies
Rebels

NZ

Highlanders
Blues
Crusaders
Chiefs
Hurricanes

SA

Lions
Stormers
Cheetahs
Sharks
Bulls

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Too much effort for all of them. Just picked the top 3: Tahs, Blues, Stormers

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Aus:
Reds (1)
Tahs (6)
Brumbies
Rebels
Force

NZ:
Saders (3)
Blues (5)
Chiefs
Hurricanes
Highlanders

SA:
Stormers (2)
Sharks (4)
Lions
Bulls
Cheetahs

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
AUS:
Reds
Tahs
Force
Rebels
Brumbies

NZ:
Blues
Crusaders
Chiefs
Highlanders
Hurricanes

SA:
Stormers
Sharks
Cheetahs
Bulls
Lions

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Reds
Force (i can hope)
Tahs
Rebels
Brumbies

NZ:
Blues
Crusaders
Highlanders
Chiefs
Hurricanes

SA:
Stormers
Sharks
Bulls
Cheetahs
Lions

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
OZ:
Reds
Tahs
Rebels
Brumbies
Force

NZ:
Blues
Saders
Chiefs
Highlanders
Canes

SA:
Sharks
Stormers
Bulls
Lions
Cheetahs

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tahs
Brumbs
Reds
Rebs
Force

Crusaders
Blues
Cheifs
Highlanders
Canes

Stormers
Shorks
Cheetahs
Bulls
Lions

K

Keithy

Aus
Tahs
Reds
Rebels
Force
Brumbies
NZ
Crusaders
Highlanders
Chiefs
Blues
Hurricanes
SA
Stormers
Sharks
Bulls
Lions
Cheetahs

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
AUS
Reds (CW)
Rebels (WC3)
Waratahs
Force
Brumbies

NZ
Blues (CW)
Saders (WC1)
Chiefs
Highlanders
Hurricanes

RSA
Stormers (CW)
Sharks (WC2)
Cheetahs
Lions
Bulls

A

Army_Gav

5215266.jpg

Plus_sign.jpg

melbourne-cbd-at-dusk.jpg

I'm taking the piss btw.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What the hell's that place in the picture? Kind of like a smaller and less attractive version of the Sydney CBD with a smaller and less attractive version of the harbour in the foreground. One of the quieter tributaries of the Volga would be my guess?

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Can't see anyone other than the Blues or Crusaders winning the NZ Conference (so business as usual). The Reds were outstanding last year, playing unbelievably well at times, but I think they'll find it harder being the 'hunted' and I expect the Tahs to top the Oz conference. Stormers to top the SA conference, with the Cheetahs and Lions being the comps big improvers.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm surprised most people don't rate the Lions. They won the Currie Cup in commanding fashion, beating Springbok-laden WP (Stormers) and Sharks sides. Elton Jantjes looks a different player under the guidance of Spencer and with a boot to match Steyn. Jaco Taute has established himself as the top fullback in South Africa and the rest of the backline oozes talent, they will have the most backline Boks in 2012. Forward pack performs very well under Mitchell. They had some close losses in the conference games last year and with renewed confidence should be able to knock their fellow countrymen over a few times. You already saw improvement last year with away wins over the Brumbies and Highlanders.

Sharks and Bulls will be the big movers. Bulls have lost too many important players and the Sharks just look stuck, nothing new to bring to the table and need a change up.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Who knows about the Crusaders. Looks like the deal temp ground in Chch is going tits up. Another season of constanty being on the road on the cards. can they perform 2 years in a row?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
If Currie Cup was a good yardstick, the Cheetahs would have done a lot better in Super Rugby. They are certainly getting better but I don't think they have the depth to be finals contenders yet.

A

Army_Gav

What the hell's that place in the picture? Kind of like a smaller and less attractive version of the Sydney CBD with a smaller and less attractive version of the harbour in the foreground. One of the quieter tributaries of the Volga would be my guess?
It's called a central point, a hub or a city. It's good how I can go to X amount of sports and still be in the city.

That'd be a river. The body of the water that does shit on the Harbour, called the Bay, is not in that picture.

Good to see your confused about our geography as much as your own.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Dunno about the other conferences, watch the Lions in 2012.

My gut feeling:
SA = Lions
NZ = Chiefs
Aus = Tahs

Hope we'll get competitive conferences to get the best 6 teams in the business end.

Status
Not open for further replies.