• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cool Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yes, pretty good for an amateur! I mostly remember to take the lens cap off, but have never quite nailed a shot anything like those. Thanks for posting them.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I took this one yesterday. No stars in it, though.

Attachments

• trouble and strife.jpg
    trouble and strife.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 258

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Far North Queensland: beautiful one day, huge crocs the next.

Noice! I remember going there a few years back, and next to one hole on the golf course was the biggest croc trap I've ever seen. I asked the guy in the shop if it was a wind-up for the tourists, and he calmly said no, there was an 18 foot croc that had taken a few pets from the neighbouring houses!! Ball in the rough? Take a mulligan!

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Took a pommy mate golfing up in Noosa few years back. Lost his shit and couldn't get it back after seeing sign in rough saying "Snake habitat". It was like every fairway was now lined with a massive water hazard.

Same mate got totally date-raped in the surf the next day as he kept trying to catch waves that had broken. When we asked why he said it was because he wanted us between him and the sharks

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Took a pommy mate golfing up in Noosa few years back. Lost his shit and couldn't get it back after seeing sign in rough saying "Snake habitat". It was like every fairway was now lined with a massive water hazard.

Love those golf courses up in QLD, they get a lot of Asians and they are just petrified of snakes, to the point where they don't go into the rough to play their ball (like your friend). So on every hole I would always stick my head into the light scrub for 20 seconds and come out with at least 6 brand new high end golf balls. More than made up for the countless balls I donated to the various hazards on the courses.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Noice! I remember going there a few years back, and next to one hole on the golf course was the biggest croc trap I've ever seen. I asked the guy in the shop if it was a wind-up for the tourists, and he calmly said no, there was an 18 foot croc that had taken a few pets from the neighbouring houses!! Ball in the rough? Take a mulligan!

What! Have you not been inspired by that Bundy Rum add? :D

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Don't neglect the fact that water is boiling with stingers, the mozzies will give you Ross River Fever, and every second plant has poisonous barbs trying to hook you.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Don't neglect the fact that water is boiling with stingers, the mozzies will give you Ross River Fever, and every second plant has poisonous barbs trying to hook you.
i'm a fifth generation North Queenslander! All I can say is toughen up princess and watch out for Casuari's!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
i'm a fifth generation North Queenslander! All I can say is toughen up princess and watch out for Casuari's!

Good thing I didn't complain about the strange grass they use on all the greens that makes putting weird! I mean, that's just nasty!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf

Is that the same as Cassowary? I'd take on one of those rather than a salty.

I like FNQ, especially when it's below zero at home, but the dangers are a high price to pay for warm water. I reckon some QLDers should come down the south coast and harden up in the frigid waters of the Tasman Sea.

Back on thread, what are these? I call them the Mystery Sand Turds of Cape Tribulation.

Attachments

• mstoct.jpg
    mstoct.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 193

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
This isn't a bad photo. This is Cahills Crossing on the East Alligator River and is the border between Kakadu and Arnham Land. Speaking of large crocs, this spot is notorious for them. Where that bloke is standing on the far bank fishing is where in 1986 a fatal attack occured and the victim had his head taken off.

The other pic is of a standard size croc trap.

Attachments

• DSCF4076.jpg
    DSCF4076.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCF4062.jpg
    DSCF4062.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 193

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Here is a big fella on the Daly. Shame there is no decent scale but yeah he was big.

Attachments

• Copy of big croc dalyriver.JPG
    Copy of big croc dalyriver.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 173

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Is that the same as Cassowary? I'd take on one of those rather than a salty.

I like FNQ, especially when it's below zero at home, but the dangers are a high price to pay for warm water. I reckon some QLDers should come down the south coast and harden up in the frigid waters of the Tasman Sea.

Back on thread, what are these? I call them the Mystery Sand Turds of Cape Tribulation.
sand worm castings

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
This is the best one I've taken - 2 megapixel Sony at Bled in Slovenia, January 2004

Attachments

• DSC05632.JPG
    DSC05632.JPG
    393.2 KB · Views: 231

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Continuing the theme of dangerous creatures in Oz, here's one here with a difference:

[video=youtube;b5Mj2EJIEsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Mj2EJIEsY&feature=share[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.