• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
#nanoparticles
FFS

Haven't had your Ivermectin today?

16c74631f6887d442ac0a412161dd1fa687303bc-16x9-x0y75w800h450.jpg

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
There's enough medical evidence around to, at the very least, consider Ivermectin as a treatment in the early stages of Covid. For example:
"A double-blind Israeli study has concluded that Ivermectin, an inexpensive anti-parasitic widely used since 1981, reduces both the duration and infectiousness of Covid-19, according to the Jerusalem Post."

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
There's enough medical evidence around to, at the very least, consider Ivermectin as a treatment in the early stages of Covid. For example:
"A double-blind Israeli study has concluded that Ivermectin, an inexpensive anti-parasitic widely used since 1981, reduces both the duration and infectiousness of Covid-19, according to the Jerusalem Post."
Numbers in that study too low to be of scientific merit, quite a few holes in the study criteria and not peer-reviewed.
Yeah, nah.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Numbers in that study too low to be of scientific merit, quite a few holes in the study criteria and not peer-reviewed.
Yeah, nah.

Citing the study in a msm article is not helpful either. The problem here is that crap research is propagated amongst those who do not know how to appraise evidence. Particularly amongst those who stand to gain from muddying the waters.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah, nah.
If you caught Covid and were offered Ivermectin to possibly reduce the duration of Covid, and to shorten your isolation time, would you take the plunge?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Dave, Ivermectin has been used for over 40 years with great effect in treating other problems.
It has been used very successfully to treat Covid in India.
Anecdotally, Louis Gossett Jnr survived Covid-19 because he took a course of Ivermectin.
There's enough positive news around it for it to considered seriously.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dave, Ivermectin has been used for over 40 years with great effect in treating other problems.
Anecdotally, Louis Gossett Jnr survived Covid-19 because he took a course of Ivermectin.

Why exactly do you think that doctors aren't using the best treatments available to them?

The reality is that many treatments have been trialed and used over the last 18 months as doctors around the world deal with COVID and over that time certain treatments have ceased being used because they have been found to be less effective than others.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)

Telling me that there's 'some positive news around for it' won't cut it. Trying to convince me by telling me that it's a 40 year-old drug used to treat parasitic infections won't cut it. One actor 'surviving' the infection because he took it would be the same as me saying I survived a heart attack because I said five Hail Marys.

I'd love to see evidence that using it on patients in India actually did effectively shorten disease duration or limit morbidity. Published evidence with scientific rigour, peer-reviewed. And I'd want there to be evidence of how it works.

Until that time, if I'm unlucky enough to catch Boris Johnson virus, I'll stick with the experts who dedicate their professional lives to assessing the evidence. Certainly not those who've spent the last 15 months diminishing the seriousness of the pandemic, and undermining public health efforts to try and curb it.

Edit: citing the treatment of Covid in India would also be a fairly dangerous tactic, it was an absoulte human tragedy.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
zaylpNAl_normal.jpg

Kevin Rudd

@MrKRudd

Murdoch is quietly scrubbing incriminating Covid-19 misinformation videos from websites ahead of a grilling by the Senate on Friday. Dozens of videos have vanished with no correction or apology for spreading dangerous lies. But don’t worry; we have copies. #MurdochRoyalCommission

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Telling me that there's 'some positive news around for it' won't cut it. Trying to convince me by telling me that it's a 40 year-old drug used to treat parasitic infections won't cut it. One actor 'surviving' the infection because he took it would be the same as me saying I survived a heart attack because I said five Hail Marys.

I'd love to see evidence that using it on patients in India actually did effectively shorten disease duration or limit morbidity. Published evidence with scientific rigour, peer-reviewed. And I'd want there to be evidence of how it works.

Until that time, if I'm unlucky enough to catch Boris Johnson virus, I'll stick with the experts who dedicate their professional lives to assessing the evidence. Certainly not those who've spent the last 15 months diminishing the seriousness of the pandemic, and undermining public health efforts to try and curb it.

Edit: citing the treatment of Covid in India would also be a fairly dangerous tactic, it was an absoulte human tragedy.

I've tuned out of debates on drug treatments for covid because I'm not a doctor and frankly, wouldn't know what I was talking about. Why are people talking about things like this particular drug? Is it because the conspiracy folks like Craig Kelly are? It's not a topic of conversation on any of the media I consume, so I'm curious to learn why formerflanker is picking it up and running with it.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
The WHO has declared that the Pfitzy, no the Pfizer, vaccine is safe for children 12 and over.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cases increasing in leaps & bounds, now at 277 of which all but 14 are in Auckland & most of those South Auckland. Still none in the South Island: Covid has been detected in Christchurch's waste water but that could be from MIQ rather than the community.

NZ other than Auckland's lockfown gets reviewed tomorrow & I'm hopeful they'll flag a drop to Level 3 for the South & most of the North in which case I could potentially be working Saturday to get the joint ready for trading from Monday.

Auckland I think will remain in hard lockdown for at least another week & possibly two until the numbers start to come down.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Cases increasing in leaps & bounds, now at 277 of which all but 14 are in Auckland & most of those South Auckland. Still none in the South Island: Covid has been detected in Christchurch's waste water but that could be from MIQ rather than the community.

NZ other than Auckland's lockfown gets reviewed tomorrow & I'm hopeful they'll flag a drop to Level 3 for the South & most of the North in which case I could potentially be working Saturday to get the joint ready for trading from Monday.

Auckland I think will remain in hard lockdown for at least another week & possibly two until the numbers start to come down.
I would have thought you guys would have knocked that over in no time. That sucks

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yeah, sucks to be in Auckland right now but at least the rest of us can see a glimmer of what we think might be light at what we're pretty sure is possibly the end of the tunnel. Also we're not as fucked as Melbourne let alone NSW.