• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Oh it's all good mate. Terrifying when we found it initially. Twice as hard when it came back for a second go after surgery (and I now have some experience in ICUs). But it's all done after the radio. Mrs dru is firing on all cylinders. Thanks for the thoughts all the same.
good to hear.

Reactions: dru

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tomorrow the NZ Delta outbreak will exceed 1,000 cases in 32 days: without lockdown it would've been 4,000 within the first week assuming each infected person infected five others: the actual rate is nearer six than five so if anything it would've been worse.

Even the soon-to-be-former Leader of the Opposition concedes that lockdown was the right move & has been reduced to once again using dodgy stats (e.g. calculating percentages based on the total population rather than the ~80% aged 12+ of which 90-95% will hopefully eventually get vaccinated) to attack the testing & vaccination rates. Currently there are more people who've had two jabs than one & more who've had one than none so we seem to be tracking pretty well.

Edit: numbers-wise we have 4.35 million aged 12+ of which 1.53 are fully vaccinated, 1.45 partly vaccinated & 1.37 unvaccinated.

That said there's still cases popping up that can't be linked to existing cases & until that changes Auckland will remain in lockdown & until that changes the rest of us will stay in Level 2.

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
NSW is at 80% 1st dose and almost 50% second dose for 16+ eligible population.

They're now vaccinating the 12+ set which will accelerate the overall number, tho I guess introducing the cohort into the base calculation will skew the percentage a little.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
NSW is at 80% 1st dose and almost 50% second dose for 16+ eligible population.

They're now vaccinating the 12+ set which will accelerate the overall number, tho I guess introducing the cohort into the base calculation will skew the percentage a little.
From a numbers perspective wouldn't vaccinating the 12-18 set actually set us back? I'm pretty sure the percentage is number of eligible people vaccinated.

So suddenly a bunch more people to come through.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
From a numbers perspective wouldn't vaccinating the 12-18 set actually set us back? I'm pretty sure the percentage is number of eligible people vaccinated.

So suddenly a bunch more people to come through.

12-15 year olds being eligible is boosting vaccination numbers but they're not being included in our targets which are still based on 16+.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
So it looks like double-dose vaccination is not enough and a 'booster' shot will be required. It seems that we aren't sure how long the vaccinations are effective for.

Will this become a case where we have to get a shot every 6 months? Every year?

And what if you don't want to keep putting these vaccinations in your body?

Tex

John Thornett (49)
So it looks like double-dose vaccination is not enough and a 'booster' shot will be required. It seems that we aren't sure how long the vaccinations are effective for.

Will this become a case where we have to get a shot every 6 months? Every year?

And what if you don't want to keep putting these vaccinations in your body?
Then you take your chances with the big dog and hope you don't get too wrecked by it.

Reactions: dru

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Then you take your chances with the big dog and hope you don't get too wrecked by it.
One would assume that we will all get this thing over the next few years (the shot doesn't stop infection, just reduces sickness) and some form of natural immunity will be added to the mix as well

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
relationship.jpg

Last edited:

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I'm sure there are plenty of people who would prefer to take their chances with Covid rather than get a vaccination on a 6monthly or yearly basis