• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Great.
Got my first Pfizer jab today. Came home only to read this:

New Zealand woman dies after receiving Pfizer vaccine (BBC News)

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
No one is saying it won't be a personal choice. They just won't be able to go to a lot of places/do a lot of things if they don't.

They will probably ease those restrictions after a few years of endemic Covid, anyway. I can't imagine they will be checking our Covid vax certs at the door to the local in 5 years time.
Have you forgotten "Just 2 weeks while we flatten the curve", 18 months ago?
And with Chairman Dan secretly negotiating permanent pandemic laws (The Age, June 13) to replace state of emergency rules, I'd say 5 years is just a starting point. Removing freedoms has been easy - Governments won't give up that power easily.
For our own good of course.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Well, yeah. Overreach is definitely a risk. I think the politics makes the easing of restrictions too soon more likely though. Scummo is clearly shaping his re-election campaign around reopening.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
It doesn’t.

If you’re vaccinated and I’m not, what is my threat to you?

You may catch Covid but given you’re vaccinated the risk is a lot lower and the chances of you being seriously sick or dying are even lower. You can be vaccinated and give me the virus. I carry most of the risk - which is the individual choice.

But because I don’t want to put drugs in my body which have no long-term effect studies, I can no longer work the job I have done for years, can’t take my wife to dinner, can’t travel etc

I see the problem that some people have with being forced to vaccinate and there doesn’t seem to be a great argument against it
Just because someone is vaccinated doesn't mean that they can't catch Covid from an unvaccinated person, that is the threat.

As ILTW mentioned above, there's this thing called responsibility.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Have you forgotten "Just 2 weeks while we flatten the curve", 18 months ago?

Have YOU forgotten this is an entirely new situation with a higher transmissibility factor? Maybe go take a tour of your local ICU and hope you're never on the other side of the ventilator...

Removing freedoms has been easy - Governments won't give up that power easily.
For our own good of course.

:rolleyes: Yes definitely what governments want is to spend money on tracking and isolating us while the economy dies in the arse.

Is this The Master Plan that they all argue over every day in the media?

Or is the arguing just another layer to The Master Plan?

So many layers...

giphy.gif

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Scummo is clearly shaping his re-election campaign around reopening.

Fuck is he ever - the talk of having a November election is probably shot, but by March next year someting like "normal" will have emerged, and he'll try to Bradbury his way in on that.

I don't think government overreach is a risk BTW - it costs too much and produces too little. People who aren't out in public circulating money isn't great for goverments who want a thriving economy, no matter their stripe.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Have YOU forgotten this is an entirely new situation with a higher transmissibility factor? Maybe go take a tour of your local ICU and hope you're never on the other side of the ventilator.

:rolleyes: Yes definitely what governments want is to spend money on tracking and isolating us while the economy dies in the arse.

Is this The Master Plan that they all argue over every day in the media?

Or is the arguing just another layer to The Master Plan?

So many layers.

giphy.gif
I think it is a legitimate issue worth considering. Australian's in power do some pretty egregious shit as it is (strip searching children?). I can see why people would be concerned these previously unprecedented measures would result in a creep towards more authoritarian tendencies.

But I agree that it's unlikely to result in something as overt as 'masks mandated forever' or people kicking in your door, holding you down and jabbing you.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm already seeing people change their opinion on getting the shot once their income gets threatened.

And I think it is really a shame it has come to that. I'm not saying trust everything the government says blindly - we'd all be investing in coal fired power if we did that :rolleyes: - but there has to be a point where "yeah I think not choking on the fluid of my decaying lungs is awse" becomes a pretty straightforward decision.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Seems it did happen but then the decision was reversed.

It clearly shouldn't have.

I'm not sure it's really relevant though. It was a lone judge in another country and in no way reflects the laws there or here.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
'Straya bolting out to a strong lead at half time but seem unable to sustain it in the second half. Now risk being run down in the Bledisloe vaccine race by another late match surge from Un Zud.....

ivboxvoskrk71.jpg

Let's go c*nts. First to 50% gets a choccy fish.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hah, pingers. Haven't heard that one in a while.