• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
From a numbers perspective wouldn't vaccinating the 12-18 set actually set us back? I'm pretty sure the percentage is number of eligible people vaccinated.

So suddenly a bunch more people to come through.
Vaccinating the 12 to 18 set really worries me.
The vaccines are still classified as experimental and have only received Provisional Approval from the Therapeutic Goods Administration. The suppliers of two COVID-19 vaccines have been granted indemnity against liability for rare side-effects.
Covid has had little impact on this age group. As at October 2020 the average age of death from Covid in Australia was approximately 85 and the median age at death approximately 86.
Yet this young age group fares very well statistically speaking. From 16 March 2020 to 3 January 2021 there were 38 Covid cases under 18 years old admitted to hospital. From 1 January to 1 August 2021 there were 33 Covid cases under the age of 20 admitted to hospital.
There has been only one death recorded as due to Covid in the under 20 age group, although this has been denied by the hospital, who stated that Covid was not the cause of death.

Having grandchildren in the under 20 age group makes this a vexed issue for me. If vaccinations for young people are to be encouraged, I wish my family would wait until many, many jabs have been issued and we could look at a statistical analysis of short term effects.
Long term effects are yet another discussion.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
some info on the race to 70%
to 70%.jpg

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Odd that Victoria's projection is the "worst" of the states. I would have thought they'd be going full blast given the issues they've had in the last 12 months.

EDIT: Snap, DC
Actually the thread has him amending it (worth following https://twitter.com/covidbaseau )

70% (16+) fully vaccinated at current rate:
33 days - Oct 20
NSW: 17 - Oct 4
VIC: 36 - Oct 23
QLD: 53 - Nov 9
WA: 53 - Nov 9
SA: 45 - Nov 1
TAS: 38 - Oct 25
ACT: 22 - Oct 9
NT: 46 - Nov 2

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
and to 80%
NSW: 34 - Oct 21
VIC: 48 - Nov 4
QLD: 74 - Nov 30
WA: 75 - Dec 1
SA: 65 - Nov 21
TAS: 53 - Nov 9
ACT: 34 - Oct 21
NT: 65 - Nov 21

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
The vaccines are still classified as experimental and have only received Provisional Approval from the Therapeutic Goods Administration. The suppliers of two COVID-19 vaccines have been granted indemnity against liability for rare side-effects.
Covid has had little impact on this age group. As at October 2020 the average age of death from Covid in Australia was approximately 85 and the median age at death approximately 86.
Yet this young age group fares very well statistically speaking. From 16 March 2020 to 3 January 2021 there were 38 Covid cases under 18 years old admitted to hospital. From 1 January to 1 August 2021 there were 33 Covid cases under the age of 20 admitted to hospital.
There has been only one death recorded as due to Covid in the under 20 age group, although this has been denied by the hospital, who stated that Covid was not the cause of death.

Having grandchildren in the under 20 age group makes this a vexed issue for me. If vaccinations for young people are to be encouraged, I wish my family would wait until many, many jabs have been issued and we could look at a statistical analysis of short term effects.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

They are not experimental.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
WHAt wOuLD YoU KNow CyclO? mY higH SchOOl FriEnd Who ALSo KnoWs CrystALS Says ThEy ARE?@@?!@
There have been people who have died from taking the vaccine. Not a huge number but it seems if you die from taking the vaccine, that is just a casualty we have to accept.

The disregard and the contempt shown for those people by stupid mocking like this is as bad as a lot of the anti-vaxxer shit you see online.