• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Had to chase my vax history to be allowed to visit my father in care. Was pretty impressed with my consistency, especially the annual flue shot. I may now add the Covid vax/booster annually. Cool bananas. And thank god for the central data collection system that has allowed the health system to capture those details.

In the mean time I realised I needed to catch up with the multivax that includes tetanus. I have the GP booked in. Won't let that slip again!

Geez I love science, especially medical science that is letting me grow older. Fabulous stuff.

Covid is fast heading toward being the virus of the stupid. This works for me only in so far as the health system is not threatened with being overwhelmed. At that point mandate and to hell with the offended.

Other than that I canl cope with Darwinian selection.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Had to chase my vax history to be allowed to visit my father in care. Was pretty impressed with my consistency, especially the annual flue shot. I may now add the Covid vax/booster annually. Cool bananas. And thank god for the central data collection system that has allowed the health system to capture those details.

In the mean time I realised I needed to catch up with the multivax that includes tetanus. I have the GP booked in. Won't let that slip again!

Geez I love science, especially medical science that is letting me grow older. Fabulous stuff.

Covid is fast heading toward being the virus of the stupid. This works for me only in so far as the health system is not threatened with being overwhelmed. At that point mandate and to hell with the offended.

Other than that I canl cope with Darwinian selection.
I should do this. I've never checked my Vax history.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Maybe the unvaxxed adults are those who haven't travelled to parts of the world where vaccine-preventable illnesses are endemic?

I stepped off on a wild adventure in 2018 that required:
- Diptheria, Tetanus, Poliomyelitis, Pertussis, Typhoid
- Rabies x3 (expensive but better than getting bitten by a dog and dying)
- Hep A x3
- Influenza.

All those in less than a month.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Maybe the unvaxxed adults are those who haven't travelled to parts of the world where vaccine-preventable illnesses are endemic?

I stepped off on a wild adventure in 2018 that required:
- Diptheria, Tetanus, Poliomyelitis, Pertussis, Typhoid
- Rabies x3 (expensive but better than getting bitten by a dog and dying)
- Hep A x3
- Influenza.

All those in less than a month.

Fucking hell your reception must be awesome! That's like... 8G!!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
For overseas travel, absolutely. I've had also sorts of shots over the years for various exotic diseases. I've got no issue having a vaccination to travel internationally.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well that escalated quickly didn't it.
From "Just 2 weeks to flatten the curve" to mandatory vaccinations to this:
“If you want to stay in work... you need to go and get your booster shot.”. Stuart Ayres, Deputy Leader of the New South Wales Liberal Party under Dom "flip flop" Perrottet.
There is no end in sight for the ongoing tyranny mis-named "keeping you safe".

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why would I not want a booster shot after 6 months?

There isn't really a point where I want to get COVID with no protection from serious symptoms.

I get a flu vax every year too because I would prefer not to get influenza and/or suffer the most serious symptoms from it.

Similarly, I'm happy to take medication I require on an ongoing basis rather than deciding that if it doesn't work forever after a few doses I'm not interested.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
"Booster shot" is a misnomer.

It's a three-course dinner mates. Shot two at the three week point, shot three at the 24 week point.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Why would I not want a booster shot after 6 months?

There isn't really a point where I want to get COVID with no protection from serious symptoms.

I get a flu vax every year too because I would prefer not to get influenza and/or suffer the most serious symptoms from it.

Similarly, I'm happy to take medication I require on an ongoing basis rather than deciding that if it doesn't work forever after a few doses I'm not interested.
Perhaps you are, like me, very lazy.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Potentially exposing your workmates to the rona - that's a fuckin' kettle of fish.
You have forgotten that vaccinated people can still catch and spread covid.
Now we are being told that vaccine effectiveness wanes with time and booster shots will be required. That's new to most of us and should alert you to the possibility that "the science" and our political masters don't really know what they are doing.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You have forgotten that vaccinated people can still catch and spread covid.
Now we are being told that vaccine effectiveness wanes with time and booster shots will be required. That's new to most of us and should alert you to the possibility that "the science" and our political masters don't really know what they are doing.
They've flagged it as a risk from the start. Mutation etc.