• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket commentary on Channel Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not only was Shane Warne the greatest ever at dismissing batsmen with the ball in hand, but he also has the ability like none other to talk a bloke back into the pavilion from the commentary box.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
How long til they joke about how many 90's Slater scored.
I've put on abc grandstand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or Warney getting out for 99, or Slats running Tubby Taylor out? How do such entertaining cricketers become such boring commentators?

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in on the cricket comms

Bill Lawry & Chappelli are the best.

Warne is good when he talks and analyses the cricket.

Nicolas - okay

Clarke & Vaughn - unsure

Tubby, Healy, Slater - shit

Pietersen - stop turning into Bruce McAvaney. Also unsure

EDIT: couple of words

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in on the cricket comms

Bill Lawry & Chappelli are the best.

Warne is good when he talks and analyses the cricket.

Nicolas - okay

Clarke & Vaughn - unsure

Tubby, Healy, Slater - shit

Pietersen - stop turning into Bruce McAvaney. Also unsure

EDIT: couple of words
Definitely a low point the other day when Slats got Chappelli talking about the history of the telephone. Mark Nicholas is alright but annoys me a bit when he gets too philosophical and over excited. Healy by far the most annoying, sick of him trying to shove that crap down our throats about Mitch Starc and his neice getting married, we heard you the first time Uncle Ian.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
All bar Warne should be removed.
Lawry and Warne going on about the capacity of Melbourne to fill a stadium twice as big as the next biggest was mildly amusing............once. To be still be going on about it 5 days later says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.