• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds 3/06/22 - QF1

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kickoff at 7:05 local time.

Reds chose to stay in Christchurch rather then returning to Brisbane then back again later in the week.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Reece trained yesterday & expected to play. Taylor, Newell, Mo'unga & Goodhue should also be back so CruSadists should be at full strength.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You know what I would like WOB? Razor leaving Matera out of team, just saying to him we don't want dumb b******s playing. I know he won't (no coach would) but personally think it would be good. but guess he will go with top line up
Bower,Taylor,Jager
Barrett, Whitelock
Matera, Grace, Blackadder
Hall
Mounga
Reece
Havili
Goodhue
Bridge
Jordan

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Lynagh flying over is interesting given he hasn't played for Reds since the trials. Got the impression they were keeping him in development.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lynagh flying over is interesting given he hasn't played for Reds since the trials. Got the impression they were keeping him in development.
Says in the tweet that he isn’t expected to play - so it’s still more of a developmental thing. Although given the Reds’ luck with injuries so far, anything could happen on Friday

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Come on, Reds.

Do it for the benefit of all mankind.

It is no exaggeration to say that the entire human
race is depending on you in your quest to triumph over evil.

targeting_computer_in_blog_4.gif

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I doubt one player is going to send them broke.

I think it is good for a young player to get a taste of an overseas trip and to experience the preparation for a big game. I can only see benefits to this.
why not take 2 dozen then, if its so cheap and beneficial?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I doubt one player is going to send them broke.

I think it is good for a young player to get a taste of an overseas trip and to experience the preparation for a big game. I can only see benefits to this.
Yeah its fuck all, people just getting their nickers in a knot over nothing.

Extra players are required to allow the team to run opposed sessions, that's why they would have flown so many over even those unlikely to play.

Last edited:

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Lets read into the Lynagh squad selection for what it really is - he's the Aussie incarnate version of Mo'unga, clearly, why else would you want to run opposed against him?

Alex Ross (28)
Yeah its fuck all, people just getting their nickers in a knot over nothing.

Extra players are required to allow the team to run opposed sessions, that's why they would have flown so many over even those unlikely to play.
Which makes leaving LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at home puzzling. Almost petty?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Well, look at the big picture. A few years ago it should have been a ticket to South Africa or Argentina. Nowadays, a flight to NZ is cheaper lol
More than a flight

7 nights accom @ $120 = 840
7 days food @ 40 = 280
well over a $1000 (even at my discount rates assumption) plus 750 for flights.

If they took 5 spares then close enough to $9000

Status
Not open for further replies.