• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders vs Blues a.k.a. NZ's festum odii

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Counter point: imma just say yes because it's funny.
I can't really argue with that.

I do feel for him though, left a side who didn't have many plays other then shovel it to him and hope, thinking he was going to this powerhouse side only to find that they've got nothing either. Reckon he'll have his manager on the phone to Dave and Robbie over in Japan. I'd still take him if he wanted to come back home to Brisbane though.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Big brain strategy: let the Crusaders score off the lineout in the corner because A) O'Queefe is absolutely canning the defensive team and a YC would be less than ideal, and B) we'd be back down the other end of the field out of YC danger.

EDIT: Or that.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
God the proper collars on the Crusaders jersey is nice. Broncos have been playing with one in the NRL this year too and they've both managed to get them just right, so it still looks like a jersey rather than a polo. Hopefully it's a sign of their return on a more permanent basis.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Cantabs age old gameplan of "Under The Kosh In Own 22 = infringe, infringe, infringe while banking on the other team being too dumb to score, fuck em', we'll score later anyway" came a slight cropper

That and losing 8 of their own lineouts

womansquashing_(1).GIF

Cantabs seen here practicing a
rugby football lineout.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tuipulotu ditched the Paper tag and just went full blown Tiger on the Crusaders
He was surprisingly involved. A lot less of his usual tentative standing around.

That said, what a shit game. Just brainless drudge from the Blues forwards. Pick and plow. As Zero said, there must have been acres of space for the backs to stroll tries in during those interminable 3-inch burrow attempts.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Meant to comment yesterday, loved the heritage jerseys, and first time I saw Caleb Clarke make a run I thought of his old man, not so much as looking like him, but similar build, and similar gait when he runs, also McWhannel reminded me of Andrew Blowers with the mo and headgear.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Meant to comment yesterday, loved the heritage jerseys, and first time I saw Caleb Clarke make a run I thought of his old man, not so much as looking like him, but similar build, and similar gait when he runs, also McWhannel reminded me of Andrew Blowers with the mo and headgear.
It really was a striking similarity:
1711345049756.png

It is a pity the Blues didn't go with a true collar, the one mark on an otherwise superb jersey.