• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders vs Blues a.k.a. NZ's festum odii

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dismal, zer0 & KiwiM probably already have this on loop...
Speaking of loop.....

giphy.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
bluesdunn.png

Blues have scaled the lofty summit and now stand poised at
the precipice of the terrifying and deadly
Cantabs Crevasse.

LET THE PROPHECY GUIDE THEM TO TRAVERSE THE
ABYSS OF PERILOUS DESPAIR TO THE PROMISED
LAND OF ETERNAL BOOM CHACKA LACKA.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Shoulda just paid all the lads to rest up for international season and skipped straight to this match. It was, as Dismal would say, foretold.

And it's impossible to decide who I hate more. Beauden Barrett or the Crusaders.

I hope they draw and play 800 minutes of extra time and then go to extra time penalty kicks and miss all of them and then they send them all home and no one wins.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez you got that well worked out Derps, but rather than 800 minutes, wouldn't you want them to have to come back and replay it at about I don't know Sept 8th or something??;):D

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues: 1-Alex Hodgman, 2-Ricky Riccitelli, 3-James Lay, 4-James Tucker, 5-Cameron Suafoa, 6-Adrian Choat, 7-Dalton Papalii, 8-Hoskins Sotutu, 9-Finlay Christie, 10-Beauden Barrett, 11-Caleb Clark, 12-Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, 13-Rieko Ioane, 14-Mark Telea, 15-Stephen Perofeta. Reserves: 16-Soane Vikena, 17-Jordan Lay, 18-Nepo Laulala, 19-Tom Robinson, 20-Taine Plumtree, 21-Taufa Funaki, 22-Bryce Heem, 23-Zarn Sullivan

Crusaders: 1-Joe Moody, 2-Codie Taylor, 3-Tamaiti Williams, 4-Scott Barrett, 5-Sam Whitelock, 6-Ethan Blackadder, 7-Tom Christie, 8-Sione Havili Talitui, 9-Mitchell Drummond, 10-Richie Mo'unga, 11-Leicester Fainga'anuku, 12-Dallas McLeod, 13-Braydon Ennor, 14-Sevu Reece, 15-Fergus Burke. Reserves: 16-Brodie McAlister, 17-Kershawl Sykes-Martin, 18-George Bower, 19-Zach Gallagher, 20-Christian Lio-Willie, 21-Willi Heinz, 22-Pepesana Patafilo, 23-Macca Springer

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting line ups WOB, I think the Blues will struggle at lineout with Suafoa in 5 jersey, I just rewatched the Canes/Blues game today, and Blackwell took the ball out of his hands in one lineout and just beat him clean on another Blues throw, I suspect Whitelock and Barrett will be licking lips. Will Blues backline be good enough to overcome that?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Loss Bleus' reserve props might have to go 65 minutes here & if one of them gets injured & the guy they replaced can't or isn't allowed to come back it's hello golden oldies scrums & Loss Bleus have to play with 14. Interesting times.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Never thought i'd cheer for the Crusaders, but I don't want them really pissed off after 2 losses in a row next weekend....

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So it appears neither of the subbed-off Loss Bleus props can come back. CruSadists need to stop with the fancy shit & go into grind mode for 15-20 minutes & wear these fuckers out. Plus try kicking the fucking ball out & contesting the throw - it's not like they haven't got one if the top-two defensive lineout locks in the comp out there.