• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders vs Blues a.k.a. NZ's festum odii

G

galumay

New coach, same shambles away from Eden Park. The only factor preventing a right proper prison shaming is the Crusaders seemingly being utterly bereft of ideas outside of scrummaging.

Thanks, that saved me posting my thoughts!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez the Crusaders tight 5 gave them a hell of a hiding, not sure why you and galumy didn't notice how good the Crusaders pack were all around the field zer0, Christ they ruled the lineouts and breakdowns pretty well, they going to be ok when they get Todd, Crotty and Dagg back, Reid is looking good again.
Was bloody impressed with young Blake for the Blues again tonight, he did a mountain of work in a beaten pack!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
jesus, bumblefukk blues just could not even iIMAGINE any way to get to the other end of the field.

the more shit changes the more it stays the same

bluesposts_zpstjb9o6e5.jpg

ps could site admin please **BAN** the member named "Waiapohehu Oldboy". Any time tonight is fine. The reason is I saw him using **FOUL** language on page 28 of the 2003 Round 7 Natal Sharks vs Orange Free State match day thread but I just forgot to tell you until now.

Thanks.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ you called?

Brain currently in disarray after distilling that 80 min of CruSadist magnificence (barring the midfield) into a mere 200 words for the blog. Shit, I could've written 200 words about the shameful Bloos scrum.........

Anyways, I'll ponder your punishment overnight & have my people contact your people tomorrow with the details..........

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
New coach, same shambles away from Eden Park. The only factor preventing a right proper prison shaming is the Crusaders seemingly being utterly bereft of ideas outside of scrummaging.

Thought Mo'unga was way better than last week but, yeah, the midfield was poor again. As I'll be saying on the blog, Crotty & Fruean can't come back soon enough.

I'd also suggest that our lineout & breakdown were pretty solid & mostly took Luatua & Kaino out of the game. Blake, though, was immense & if he stays healthy it's gonna be interesting to see which of he or Ardie gets to be Cane's backup come June.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
They lied. As they lie about so many things about "the greatest game of all".

Musta realised he was about to make a huuuuuuge mistake & tried to get outa the way but wasn't. Quite. Quick. Enough :)

'Greatest game of all*'

* = In pockets of 2 Australian states and bits of NZ and Northern England

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
WOB. Blake, though, was immense & if he stays healthy it's gonna be interesting to see which of he or Ardie gets to be Cane's backup come June. )

I think Blake is very much in the McCaw/Cane style of loosie , where as Savea tends to be more of a wide ranging flanker in support play, in the Australian team Cane like Pocock, Savea like Hooper styles, and it will all depend on whether Shag is going to want an impact player of the bench to change the style of game. I am a Savea fan, but after watching Blake a bit last year, but more particularly in the game last night I have to say he is exciting me as much as a young flanker from Crusaders did in early 00s. I get so impressed with young flankers that have a high workrate even when their fatties are getting a hiding.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
WOB. Blake, though, was immense & if he stays healthy it's gonna be interesting to see which of he or Ardie gets to be Cane's backup come June. )

I think Blake is very much in the McCaw/Cane style of loosie , where as Savea tends to be more of a wide ranging flanker in support play, in the Australian team Cane like Pocock, Savea like Hooper styles, and it will all depend on whether Shag is going to want an impact player of the bench to change the style of game. I am a Savea fan, but after watching Blake a bit last year, but more particularly in the game last night I have to say he is exciting me as much as a young flanker from Crusaders did in early 00s. I get so impressed with young flankers that have a high workrate even when their fatties are getting a hiding.

If you want to understand why Fantasy football is fantasy, consider this: Blake Gibson scored -3 points yesterday for his efforts. Lies, damn lies and statistics.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Also by June Savea may have rejoined the 7's program so in reality it could be Blake v Todd. I'd take Blake on potential alone, it's not like he's gonna cost us an essentially meaningless series coming off the bench, is it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hey don't talk about meaningless series , I'm off to NZ in june to follow the tour with a welsh mate!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ sorry, meant to type "most important series in recent All Black history". Fuckin' auto-complete/ auto-correct must be playing up again :)

Be sure to remind your mate that last time Wales beat us Elizabeth II was new to the being Queen of England & Wales business: I know a Welshman who in 2011 didn't believe that Wales had EVER beaten us, went home & googled it then next time I saw him said something like "nineteen fifty fuckin' three, might as well be never". Ive been reminding him of that stat ever since.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Saffas, Aussies, Poms, Frogs and the Welshies are the only full time teams with wins against you aren't they? We've got a couple of draws IIRC, amd I think the Pumas and the Irish have one each?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ sounds about right.

EDIT: on thinking about it, you're 100% correct.

Interesting fact: Wales are the only National side to beat us first up (1905, the infamous Deans Non-Try) and the only National side to have a positive win/ loss ratio after four matches (also won in 1935 & 1953 vs our lone win in 1924) hence, I think, them being a bogey team for us until circa 1973. Since then it's been pretty much one-way traffic & these days we're a little "meh" about them.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
WOB, welsh mate I going with is same age as me (61) so as I have reminded him once or twice they haven't beaten ABs in our lifetimes!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ps could site admin please **BAN** the member named "Waiapohehu Oldboy". Any time tonight is fine. The reason is I saw him using **FOUL** language on page 28 of the 2003 Round 7 Natal Sharks vs Orange Free State match day thread but I just forgot to tell you until now.

Thanks.

image.jpeg

May 28th, to be exact, if you're game......................

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
not sure GAGR in its diminished capacity can still sustain a non-aussie teams match thread so maybe we'll repurpose this one.....

------------------------------------------------------------

Venue: Eden Park
Date: Sun 21st March, 2021.
Time: 3:35 NZT
Ref: Paul Williams (Chch)
AR: Paul Williams (Chch)
AR: Paul Williams (Chch)
TMO: Paul Williams (Chch)

Blues Team Good Luck GIF:

xJGa55P.gif

Crusaders Team Good Luck GIF:

tenor.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, this could be interesting one this one DP. I buggered if I know which way to go on this. Crusaders have lost Christie who has been pretty good, but they still not short of loosies, thinking Sione Havili might move to 7, but you would think Blues would have advantage in loosies. Tighties will be fairly even I guessing, so perhaps need to have a peek at backs. F*** me it a tasty one this Drummond and Mounga may just edge out Ruru and Black, think McLeod or Havili and Goodhue vs Plummer and Ioane in midfield pretty even Ioane better at 13 but Havili or McLeod better ar 12. Outside back maybe advantage to Crusaders Reece, Fainga'anuku and Jordan against Clarke, Telea and Perafota. Looks like Crusaders have edge allover, but I think maybe the Blues loosies will have some say, and Crusaders won't wear that pack down srummaging so.......... I still not sure, only know I looking forward to it, and think long range forecast is for fine weather and afternoon rugby so YEHAA bring it on.

Oh and on DP's behalf apologies for us having a thread on a kiwi game here, I know it not popular but...........