• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CruSadists v Reds 27/05/22 at A.R.S.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You'd have to think Brums will take max points from MP (Moana Pasifika) on Saturday & go to 49 points so CruSadists need at least a draw to confirm second place overall.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So with O'Connor and Flook joining Paisami and Henry on the injured list, I'm guessing we'll see this:

9 McDermott
10 Creighton
11 Daugunu
12 Stewart
13 Petaia
14 Vunivalu
15 Campbell

With Thomas, Grealy and Aubrey or Annan on the bench. Possibly Annan given he's been lining up at 12 a bit for Easts. Anyone seen how he's gone there?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So with O'Connor and Flook joining Paisami and Henry on the injured list, I'm guessing we'll see this:

9 McDermott
10 Creighton
11 Daugunu
12 Stewart
13 Petaia
14 Vunivalu
15 Campbell

With Thomas, Grealy and Aubrey or Annan on the bench. Possibly Annan given he's been lining up at 12 a bit for Easts. Anyone seen how he's gone there?

I thought he was fullback and then named on the wing on the weekend?

Your backline is about all we could pick although apparently Paisami is a chance of returning.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I thought he was fullback and then named on the wing on the weekend?

Your backline is about all we could pick although apparently Paisami is a chance of returning.
Yeah, the only other option I could see was move Campbell to 10 and start Grealy at 15 but I don't think it's likely (and I don't like it as much).

As far as Annan goes I haven't seen any of Easts' games this year but I noticed him at 12 on the QPR Instagram post this week:

Screenshot_20220523-194305.png

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah ok. I think I saw him at wing on rugby explorer but that’s often inaccurate.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

9 McDermott
10 Creighton
11 Daugunu
12 Stewart
13 Petaia
14 Vunivalu
15 Campbell

Reds should rest Tate and Stewart.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Crusaders 92
Reds 3
Whilst don’t believe that sort of scoreline, I find it hard to see reds winning even if crusaders rest a zillion players. Reds for the kiwi games have been a massive disappointment and underwhelming to watch.

Not long ago was a tussle between brumbies and reds as best side now they are a shadow on the brumbies who have been superb. Tahs probably also overtaken them in playing more attractive brand of rugby and with more self belief. Yep reds including coaches as well as players need a rocket up their arse. And no injuries as an excuse are a cop out as tahs and brumbies all had their injury challenges.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
And no injuries as an excuse are a cop out as tahs and brumbies all had their injury challenges.
‘Injury challenges’ are one thing, multiple successive weeks of 7+ of your strongest 23 being unavailable, and being down to 4th and 5th string front rowers, are another.

Blanket statements like ‘injuries aren’t an excuse’ are more of a cop out than the counterclaim imo. Of course injuries impact a season, especially when they’re to key players in critical positions during the toughest rounds of the competition.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Crusaders;
  1. George Bower
  2. Brodie McAlister
  3. Oli Jager
  4. Scott Barrett (C)
  5. Sam Whitelock (VC)
  6. Pablo Matera
  7. Ethan Blackadder
  8. Cullen Grace
  9. Bryn Hall
  10. Fergus Burke
  11. Leicester Fainga'anuku
  12. David Havili (VC)
  13. Braydon Ennor
  14. Sevu Reece
  15. Will Jordan
RESERVES:
16. Ricky Jackson
17. Finlay Brewis
18. Tamaiti Williams
19. Zach Gallagher
20. Tom Christie
21. Mitch Drummond
22. Chay Fihaki
23. George Bridge

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
REDS (1-15): Dane Zander, Matt Faessler, Feao Fotuaika, Seru Uru, Ryan Smith, Angus Scott-Young, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott (co-c), Lawson Creighton, Filipo Daugunu, Hamish Stewart, Jordan Petaua, Suliasi Vunivalu, Jock Campbell.

RESERVES: Richie Asiata, Harry Hoopert, Sef Fa’agase, Angus Blyth, Connor Vest, Liam Wright (co-c), Kalani Thomas, Mac Grealy

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Reds best backline when fit & firing is pretty terrifying. Slot JO'C and Paisami and it's stars across the park.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
With Uru at lock and a 6-2 split it looks like the plan is to go high mobility in the forwards and move the crusaders around the field. Not too surprising given the injuries and all the mentions of the 2020 game this week.

Thinking about that game we did almost get it done without a functioning lineout or place kicker, so a win here is not outside the realm of possibility. Doesn't help much that even if we do get up we'll likely have to do it all over again next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.