• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Current Wallabies team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Pyle
5. Horwill
6. Higginbotham
7. Pocock
8. Palu (Sigh....)
9. Genia
10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. McCabe
13. Fainga'a
14. Tomane
15. Gerrard

16. Nau
17. Alexander
18. Fardy
19. Vaea/Fotu
20. White
21. Barnes
22. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Anyone got any arguments?

Edit: I forgot about Justin Beiber coming back, and potentially Cooper. We shall see where they fit in. Beiber is not ready for 12 yet, McCabe splattering him all over the turf in Canberra ruled that out.

P

Paradox

What if O'Connor is fit? I seriously doubt Gerrard will be selected by Deans although he is probably the best goal kicker in your starting XV

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
What if O'Connor is fit? I seriously doubt Gerrard will be selected by Deans although he is probably the best goal kicker in your starting XV

I'm just dreaming. Everyone in Australia knows that Deans will never put two brain cells together and select this team.

Kepu will be 3, Mumm will be 4, Elsom will probably end up as 6, Barnes at 10, Horne 12, Mogg at 13, Blake on one wing, Samo on the other, and Dennis at fullback.

MrBump

Bob McCowan (2)
Higginbotham at 8, Dave Dennis at 6, Alexander not on the bench, particularly against Wales

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm just dreaming. Everyone in Australia knows that Deans will never put two brain cells together and select this team.

Kepu will be 3, Mumm will be 4, Elsom will probably end up as 6, Barnes at 10, Horne 12, Mogg at 13, Blake on one wing, Samo on the other, and Dennis at fullback.

No no no. If we are to follow Deans' logic, Mafood will be starting at 3 and McCalman will be at 8. :)

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
What I want. What I think deans will pick
Robbo. Robbo
Moore. Moore
Kepu. Alexander
Horwill. Simmons
Pyle. Horwill
Higgers. Elsom
Pocock. Pocock
Mowen. Palu
Genia. Genia
Beale. Beale
Ioane. Ioane
JOC (James O'Connor). McCabe
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Horne
Mitchell. Mitchell
Mogg. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
How much is Gerrards open field kicking and kicking for touch worth?? I don't think it's true value is taken into account...

He was kicking like this when Deans first ignored him so I don't think things will change... shame. It's what the Wallabies need.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
How much is Gerrards open field kicking and kicking for touch worth?? I don't think it's true value is taken into account...

He was kicking like this when Deans first ignored him so I don't think things will change... shame. It's what the Wallabies need.

And I was frothing like a cyanide poisoning victim everytime I watched Barnes/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) aimlessly kick the ball to no fucking effect, and achieve nothing but hand the ball on a platter to Corey Jane/Sivivatu/Roks/Muliaina etc, for them to then counter attack and score from.

He has still failed to select a decent tactical kicking option in his teams, since he started with the Wallabies. Its time for him to fuck off and go coach the Crusaders again.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)

I think that question has been answered with his time, and most certainly tonights game, for the Rebels.

If it wasn't for his kicking, they would not have won. Absolutely no question. Name me one other player (besides Nic White) who has been consistently able to kick from the halfway, or even further back, and put the ball out between the 5m line and the tryline. CONSISTENTLY! Not a one off, lucky bounce kick. I'm talking 70-80% of the time?

And if you say Barnes, i may just have a stroke.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I still think a horses for courses type pick would be best. One size does not fit all and a clear choice of game plan has to be made, defence or attack. No use picking McAbe at 12 and Finger at 13 and then an attacking 11 & 14 if all we are going to do is kick and defend. IMO we are better off attacking.

Anyway on form IMO this is the best current team for balance and effectiveness.

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Pyle/Sharpe
5. Horwill (C)
6. Mowen (Pips Denis due to lineout work and leadership. Tahs have been poor while Denis has been their best)
7. Pocock
8. Fotu

9. Genia (but he is under extreme pressure IMO from White and Phipps the later needs to display consistancy though)
10. Beale (last man standing and I am having Mia Culpa with my previous dislike of him at 10 but that was at the Tahs)
12. Fainga'a
13. Inman (did very well against Fruen this evening, has size pace and tutelage of the Evil Wizard)
11. Ioane
14. Shipperly (Tomane is close but not quite, Vuna has defensive issues still though with the exit of Cipriani he has improved)
15. Mogg

16. Hanson
17. Palmer
18. Pyle/Sharpe
19. Higgers
20. White
21. Tomane
22. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (only for his versatility and consistancy as I am underwhelmed at his performances)
Why not give these nebies a run against the Scots. I have already bought my tickets in the pre-release and would love to see these guys.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Mowen really playing better rugby than what he was at the Tahs or are people just picking him now because he's not playing at the Tahs?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I still think a horses for courses type pick would be best. One size does not fit all and a clear choice of game plan has to be made, defence or attack. No use picking McAbe at 12 and Finger at 13 and then an attacking 11 & 14 if all we are going to do is kick and defend. IMO we are better off attacking.

Anyway on form IMO this is the best current team for balance and effectiveness.

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Pyle/Sharpe
5. Horwill (C)
6. Mowen (Pips Denis due to lineout work and leadership. Tahs have been poor while Denis has been their best)
7. Pocock
8. Fotu

9. Genia (but he is under extreme pressure IMO from White and Phipps the later needs to display consistancy though)
10. Beale (last man standing and I am having Mia Culpa with my previous dislike of him at 10 but that was at the Tahs)
12. Fainga'a
13. Inman (did very well against Fruen this evening, has size pace and tutelage of the Evil Wizard)
11. Ioane
14. Shipperly (Tomane is close but not quite, Vuna has defensive issues still though with the exit of Cipriani he has improved)
15. Mogg

16. Hanson
17. Palmer
18. Pyle/Sharpe
19. Higgers
20. White
21. Tomane
22. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (only for his versatility and consistancy as I am underwhelmed at his performances)
Why not give these nebies a run against the Scots. I have already bought my tickets in the pre-release and would love to see these guys.

Add Palmer in (better scrummager, and we have a reuptation that we urgently need to shake), and Gerrard at 15 (Mogg is just not ready. He will be a great, but not yet).

McCabe is by far our best 12 atm, and I never thought i'd want him paired with Fainga'a, but he's learned how to pass, run at space, get low, AND...ANNNNNNDD!! He even put through a grubber a week or two ago, for Tomane to score from! WTF? Where did that come from!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ok, lets just try and run it out of our own half, 'cause we sure as hell wont be able to kick ourselves into decent field position!

Ugh... like a broken record...

Gerrard simply isn't test material.

I'm glad he played well for the Rebels tonight though...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyways, on form/experience (and who's available)...

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Palmer/Kepu
4. Pyle
5. Horwill
6. Higginbotham
7. Pocock
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. McCabe
13. Fainga'a
14. Ashley-Cooper
15. Mogg

16. Polata-Nau
17. Alexander
18. Carter/Fardy/Simmons (take your pick)
19. Hooper/Auelua/Dennis (depending on what you're after)
20. White
21. Barnes
22. Tomane/Shipperley

Status
Not open for further replies.