• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Danny Weidler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
One of those shameful things, admitting that you read his stuff, but check this out.

"O'CONNOR'S LET-OFF
WALLABIES players are privately fuming James O'Connor was only hit with a one-game suspension after embarrassing the team with his no-show at the World Cup squad announcement. They have confided they are fed up and say if he wasn't a star he would have been wiped out of the World Cup. O'Connor has crossed the line as far as the playing group is concerned - then there was his involvement in the ''disagreement'' in Paris. The story has been investigated by the ARU, but I keep hearing from those who were on the trip there was a fight between OConnor, Quade Cooper and Kurtley Beale. There have been denials of police presence but I've been told the police, in fact Paris riot-squad members, were keeping a close eye on the trio. The ARU is insisting there has not been a cover-up. What is clear is O'Connor is in serious need of an attitude readjustment. Why John O'Neill and others went light on him is difficult to understand. Also swept under the carpet was drunken behaviour by Wallabies players in Hong Kong. Robbie Deans has his hands full.

Paris riot squad members keeping a close eye on them. Is this guy serious? Does he believe his trash? And what are these mysterious sources for his stuff.

Unbelievable...and channel 9 will probably send him to cover the RWC

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/watmough-trashed-origin-hotel-room-20110827-1jfew.html#ixzz1WHlunAmf

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The only good thing this blokes column is good for, is wrapping up tomorrow's fish and chips.

T

TOCC

Its humouring that Danny Weilder has nothing better to do then reguirgitate rubbish stories from nearly 12months ago, surely there has been another rape or domestic dispute in mungo land that he needs to focus on

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
One of those shameful things, admitting that you read his stuff, but check this out.

"O'CONNOR'S LET-OFF
WALLABIES players are privately fuming James O'Connor was only hit with a one-game suspension after embarrassing the team with his no-show at the World Cup squad announcement. They have confided they are fed up and say if he wasn't a star he would have been wiped out of the World Cup. O'Connor has crossed the line as far as the playing group is concerned - then there was his involvement in the ''disagreement'' in Paris. The story has been investigated by the ARU, but I keep hearing from those who were on the trip there was a fight between OConnor, Quade Cooper and Kurtley Beale. There have been denials of police presence but I've been told the police, in fact Paris riot-squad members, were keeping a close eye on the trio. The ARU is insisting there has not been a cover-up. What is clear is O'Connor is in serious need of an attitude readjustment. Why John O'Neill and others went light on him is difficult to understand. Also swept under the carpet was drunken behaviour by Wallabies players in Hong Kong. Robbie Deans has his hands full.

Paris riot squad members keeping a close eye on them. Is this guy serious? Does he believe his trash? And what are these mysterious sources for his stuff.

Unbelievable...and channel 9 will probably send him to cover the RWC

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/watmough-trashed-origin-hotel-room-20110827-1jfew.html#ixzz1WHlunAmf

Riot Squad Members?! Geez. Did they bring out the tear gas, batons and shields Danny? Please, tell me more!! I may need some more toilet paper for tomorrow.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Dear Danny,

I am in the smallest room in my house with your article in front of me. Soon it will be behind me.

best regards

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
It no wonder Sir Ritchie never fights back at Quade, if you need the riot squad to subdue him then what hope as Ritchie got?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think McCaw draws the line at hitting his fellow Kiwis...(Quade was born in NZ for the very few of you GAGR members not in the know)

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
Yes, I admit I read it as well.
I also remember him doing the other thing he does whenever he actually mentions rugby - sticking up for Matt Giteau. Every column you can predict that he is going to do one of the following:

- bag out Robbie Deans for dropping Giteau (before this it was for benching him or not making him captain)
- standing up for Todd Carney, saying what a great bloke he actually is and that all his dramas aren't his fault
- trying to big note himself by casually dropping a mention of the latest 'text message' he received from one of his 'mates' like Mundine, Sonny Bill or Willy Mason
- going on about what a great bloke that John Ibrahim is. Yep

D

daz

Revoke his credentials and strap him to the second row tackle bag.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think Danny never got picked at school. Or something. It seems a relentless bitterness to rugby. Always puzzles me how a rugby league journo can't find enough wonderful stories to write about league; it is the great game after all. He seems to think he can only score points by talking up the grubs in that game, or down the rival codes. Cheap journalism, really.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
This wanker must be the Alan Jones of sport. Speaking of the evil little twurp, the silence from him will be defening as he is another to constantly hang shit on the Wallabies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Danny Weidler is the sports journalism equivalent to New Idea.

He seems to think gossip and innuendo are not only relevant but also important. The guy is a complete clown.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think it's funny that Beale,Quade & JOC (James O'Connor) had a blue, how many young lads have a few beers on the weekend & have a dust up with their mate?

Boys will be boys it's pretty clear they all probably woke up with a sore head in the morning and had a laugh about it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought the funniest bit was when KB (Kurtley Beale) told the press conference that his teammates always say he has two black eyes.

Nothing like a bit of self deprecating humour to lighten the mood. It helped show the incident to be exactly what it was. A massive beat up.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Apparently the French Foreign Legion were on standby too. @Danny_Weidler

I just tweeted this to Weidler. I wonder if he'll be able to pick up the sarcasm, or if he'll think he's received another red hot tip and run with it in his next cutting expose.

Status
Not open for further replies.