• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Digby WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
A WARRANT has been issued for the arrest of Wallabies winger Digby Ioane after he failed to appear in a Melbourne court on an assault charge.
Ioane, 27, is facing a charge of unlawful assault after he allegedly assaulted a man in the Melbourne suburb of Prahran on March 9.
A magistrate issued the warrant when Ioane did not appear in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday.
Ioane plays for the Queensland Reds in the Super Rugby competition and was part of Australia's team that narrowly lost the first Test to the British and Irish Lions on Saturday night

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Since when did the charges get upgraded? Every news article around the event just said he was assisting police. You would have thought if he had been charged that someone in the press would have picked up on i.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
oh no. we could be without his devastating attacking and defensive game that cause so many headaches on saturday........
in all seriousness. how does that happen?
Tomane should be into the squad anyways with JOC (James O'Connor) on the other wing, folau at fullback and KB (Kurtley Beale) at 10. folau and JOC (James O'Connor) to interchange and get involved.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
It is true, and it must FINALLY lead one to ask... Given the Wallabies - and in this case The Reds - form such a major part of these players' lives, how far from the truth was Quade Cooper's comments regarding the culture being Toxic - were his comments simply mis-applied...

That is how many Wallabies now with recent encounters with the police?

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
At one point I thought he was going to be one the greatest wingers going.
His stocks have fallen - badly.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
It is true, and it must FINALLY lead one to ask. Given the Wallabies - and in this case The Reds - form such a major part of these players' lives, how far from the truth was Quade Cooper's comments regarding the culture being Toxic - were his comments simply mis-applied.

That is how many Wallabies now with recent encounters with the police?

Yeah, it's Deans fault. And here was I thinking it was a bunch of self-centered overprivileged tools with no respect for others.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Yeah, it's Deans fault. And here was I thinking it was a bunch of self-centered overprivileged tools with no respect for others.

Being "sarcastic" is not really the point - I never mentioned Deans... given the incidents that have marked the last 3 -4 years, and I cannot recall them all, one has to wonder how such a small group of young men, who are variously highly paid, highly motivated and largely, well-educated people, can find themselves involved in such a succession of such incidents.. what IS the team culture here?...

It also cannot be ignored that the number of incidents ionvolving Wallaby Squad members seems to be greatly out-numbering those incidents involving non-wallabies...

particularly when we rarely hear of such incidents from - say, the AIGs, across the ditch. These are not small matters we are hearing about - and not so long ago, would have been considered so rare, as to have not even been associated with the Wallaby Brand, at all...

post note: I do not know the details of the incident - and do not assume that Ioane was either the instigator, or necessarilly at fault, but there is obviously a case to answer, and the Team Management should be held accountable for why he was not present in Melbourne on Monday - as well as Digby, himself.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How could he let this happen, particularly when he's in Melbourne with the Wallaby squad?

Did he cop a head knock we're not aware of?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
:O

Wow. I hadn't heard that he had been charged.

Still, given how most of the sports starts legal things go, he will be allowed a lot of leeway to sort it out with a minimal amount of fuss.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Digby's "manager" should become the new vice-president of the Mickey Arthur out-of-work celebrity club!

Status
Not open for further replies.