• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Drown out the haka: Bledisloe II | Tri Nations finale

What should the AUS crowd sing at the game on Saturday, or indeed in the future?

• Waltzing Matilda

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Aussie Version of OleOleOle

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Come on you gold

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • None of these three, but something else

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • We shouldn't sing at all, be it before after or during the haka

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Sorry lads but this just won't work. There will be far too many Kiwis in the stands on Saturday night to make any difference. There will be moments when you'll be wondering whose home ground it is.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
We Are... Gold!
Almost right,

I would love to hear "We are Red, We are Red" throughout the Haka to drown it out and to highlight the achievments of the Reds and that the Captain of the Wallabies also being from the Reds. I realise it is an Australian game not a QLD game but it would be great to hear it as a Reds supporter.

A

antipodean

Sorry lads but this just won't work. There will be far too many Kiwis in the stands on Saturday night to make any difference. There will be moments when you'll be wondering whose home ground it is.
True. A Brisbane Bledisloe is populated by an astonishing amount of All Blacks supporters.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
True. A Brisbane Bledisloe is populated by an astonishing amount of All Blacks supporters.

Agreed, but quite possibly they'll agree that NZ is in fact the shit part of Fiji. If they don't why are they here? Sure they might have to change it a bit to

"we're just the shit part of Fiji" but I'm sure the good natured bro's will join in for a larf.

A

antipodean

Agreed, but quite possibly they'll agree that NZ is in fact the shit part of Fiji. If they don't why are they here?
Non sequitur.

haha now that ruins the fun of seeing their faces when we lift the cup...wouldnt want to miss out on that would we??
I guess it has to happen sooner or later. The All Blacks haven't lost at Suncorp.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Doesn't matter what you sing or chant, just get a crowd going loud and at the same time and the true aussies will pick it up. Someone with a drum to start the beat. KIS _ keep it simple, something everyone knows and it will spread.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
There will be more kiwis at this game,they all seem to come out of the wood works and Sunnybank/inala . And in most cases its like a home game for the All Blacks in Brisbane.

Im all for drowning out the huka but will not support Aussie Aussie Aussie crap, Its Fu$ken embarrassing and its Welsh (British) Based for Soccer.....

If Greg Martin is involved how about we chant... Marto's a wanker. ::)

Anyways good luck with it, I will be at the game looking after my over priced beer biting my nails..... nervous

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Well, they haven't won there either.

I think they beat Tonga there in WC 03. But I was pissed and maybe my memory fails me. Tonga definately beat them in the haka off. I can remember one of the blackness getting measured for a bodybag shortly after the kick off and from then it's a blur.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Well, they haven't won there either.

How do you figure that Groucho?

I'm tipping an Aussie win. It's the first Bledisloe I'll miss in Brisbane since the 80's, most of them have been real close affairs, all wins to the AB's, my non attendance should be a Wallaby omen (I hope)

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
How about a chant that stems from the historic forefathers of this sunburnt country...

"what shall we do with a drunken sailor, what shall we do with a drunken sailor early in the morning" All together now...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.