• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Drua v Rebels @ Sunshine Coast Stadium 7.45pm AEDT, Friday 04/03

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Must win match for Rebels. If Rebels lose this game may as well sign Foote's death warrant.

You might say after only 3 games and with a number of injuries, that's harsh. But he coached in TT last season and was an assistant before that. Plus if we lose this match we will go close to the wooden spoon.

BTW, what’s the go with our strength and conditioning program? We always seem to have an injury list as long as your arm come round 1.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Must win match for Rebels. If Rebels lose this game may as well sign Foote's death warrant.

You might say after only 3 games and with a number of injuries, that's harsh. But he coached in TT last season and was an assistant before that. Plus if we lose this match we will go close to the wooden spoon.

BTW, what’s the go with our strength and conditioning program? We always seem to have an injury list as long as your arm come round 1.
The club cuts corners on SnC. Have heard that from people who work in the field. The AFL is notorious for ripping people off in this profession. So we must be bad in this regard

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Comparing our performance in the trial against the Brumbies dissection of the Drua was pretty sobering. We slogged away at them, while the Brumbies just sliced them apart.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Bloodeh hell. That is an inexperienced team. Our injuries are crazy.

REBELS (1-15): Cameron Orr, James Hanson, Cabous Eloff, Matt Philip, Josh Canham, Michael Wells (c), Brad Wilkin, Tamati Ioane, Joe Powell, Matt To'omua, Glen Vaihu, Ray Nu'u, Lukas Ripley, Young Tonumaipea, Carter Gordon

RESERVES: Efi Ma'afu, Isaac Aedo Kailea, Rhys Van Nek, Josh Hill, Sam Wallis, James Tuttle, Nick Jooste, Ilikena Vudogo

What happened to RHP? Canham is not super ready. Don't know about Ripley but can't imagine he is? That looks like a proper Melbourne Rising team. No Uelese either. Gordon at fullback. Bleak, bleak, bleak.

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
Case in point. 2016 Rising team vs Spirit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 6.02.59 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 6.02.59 pm.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 108

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Contemplating the drive up to the Sunshine Coast for this one. We have been to a few Storm games and the fields and atmosphere are alright for a small stadium. Rebel’s team looks like they pulled names out of a hat.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Went onto Ticketek and tried to buy 4 tickets in the stadium seating but only 1 ticket available. You can buy General Admission up to 6 tickets. From memory this is not undercover and I don’t know if this is seating or standing. Might be a sell out.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I talked to one of the dropped players today, has been a non starter.

When he told me he was dropped I was a bit shocked. He said he actually does not know what more Foote wants him to do, seemed very down with the whole situation. Seems the communication from coach to players is poor, makes me believe he is in over his head.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I talked to one of the dropped players today, has been a non starter.

When he told me he was dropped I was a bit shocked. He said he actually does not know what more Foote wants him to do, seemed very down with the whole situation. Seems the communication from coach to players is poor, makes me believe he is in over his head.
Who’s the player? PM if you don’t want to post it publicly

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Bloodeh hell. That is an inexperienced team. Our injuries are crazy.

REBELS (1-15): Cameron Orr, James Hanson, Cabous Eloff, Matt Philip, Josh Canham, Michael Wells (c), Brad Wilkin, Tamati Ioane, Joe Powell, Matt To'omua, Glen Vaihu, Ray Nu'u, Lukas Ripley, Young Tonumaipea, Carter Gordon

RESERVES: Efi Ma'afu, Isaac Aedo Kailea, Rhys Van Nek, Josh Hill, Sam Wallis, James Tuttle, Nick Jooste, Ilikena Vudogo

What happened to RHP? Canham is not super ready. Don't know about Ripley but can't imagine he is? That looks like a proper Melbourne Rising team. No Uelese either. Gordon at fullback. Bleak, bleak, bleak.
That team is a case of Ripley's believe it or not.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I like it, we weren’t going to start winning by picking the same blokes each week. Time to give some young blokes a chance to prove themselves

I am not a fan of Gordon at 15, To'omua was poor at 10 and somehow holds his spot. We need to move on from him as our 10

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I like it, we weren’t going to start winning by picking the same blokes each week. Time to give some young blokes a chance to prove themselves
week that I thought Gordon looked more like a 15 than a 10.
I am not a fan of Gordon at 15, To'omua was poor at 10 and somehow holds his spot. We need to move on from him as our 10
I'm with you on Matty To'omua (such a shame). But I posted after the game last week that I thought Gordon looked more like a 15 than a 10. Will be interested in watching how he goes.

Great to see Ioane at 8. That, at least, is an improvement in the attack.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm with you on Matty To'omua (such a shame). But I posted after the game last week that I thought Gordon looked more like a 15 than a 10. Will be interested in watching how he goes.

Great to see Ioane at 8. That, at least, is an improvement in the attack.
To be honest, I didn’t see too much of Gordon last week. I mean I was at the game and all but the Rebels were playing that bad I ended up focusing more on drinking beers and talking to my mates than watching the game

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Drua are $6.50 for the win. Based on laat weeks game and looking at the team theyve named that looks like good value to me

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Very keen to see how Canham goes. I thought he was great in the little bit of him I saw last year when all the Rebels were up in QPR and if he can bring that same mongrel to this level he could really help turn the Rebels around.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Hot humid and wet, that will properly suit the Rebels more the Drua.

Still no idea how this one will go, should be the Rebels by 15-20 but you just don't know.