• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Eddie Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Reflects on a Japanese loss to the French Barbarians.

Best bit is at 2:30

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
It goes on for another 10 minutes.

Talk about a scorched earth policy. I can't recall seeing anything like this.

Classic Eddie Jones.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Good entertainment but that's nothing compared to a real Eddie blow up.
Ask some of his former Wallabies what Eddie going off was like.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He was a vocal critic of Tony Rea last year after his spray.
IIRC he basically said it is the last card in the pack, if the players don't take in on board then the coach must walk.
But yet, i don't think our Eddie intends to walk away.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Did he pick that team? I would not want to be a player in the Japanese team at training his week. He seems to have moved into the realm of a paranoid tyrant based on a few of things he said in the interview.

Martin J. Dunham

Frank Row (1)
Hate to rehash an extremely old thread, but says I don't have privileges to create a new thread, so I tried to find a titled thread most relevant to what I'm searching for...

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there knows/has any resources from the Eddie Jones era of the Brumbies/Wallabies on their attack. Set moves, support/phase play, etc. Not finding much on the net. Any help is appreciated!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I didn't think that fast Eddie believed in the set piece or support play. It could explain why there isn't much info on it..

Sorry Martin, I couldn't help myself!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Funny how Eddie brought in Steve Borthwick for Japan's set piece and now they're really strong at it.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Hate to rehash an extremely old thread, but says I don't have privileges to create a new thread, so I tried to find a titled thread most relevant to what I'm searching for.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there knows/has any resources from the Eddie Jones era of the Brumbies/Wallabies on their attack. Set moves, support/phase play, etc. Not finding much on the net. Any help is appreciated!

Sorry mate - can't help. Although I am curious as to why you are looking at such a specific era.

Martin J. Dunham

Frank Row (1)
Perhaps support play wasn't the right wording, maybe phase play is mor appropriate. I'm just fascinated by how those teams played, the speed and structure. I've read somewhere that he broke the field down into zones like a checkerboard. It's just interesting. I watch Japan play and see some similar characteristics although it definitely looks more "heads up" in open play. Japan play a "if this, then do that" brand so they can easily play off 9 or 10, and spin it wide fast.

Reactions: TSR

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I know these are just highlights (and from a bygone era, too) but the back line just looks so much more structured in this clips than I can remember seeing at any level of consistency for a while.

Everyone just seems to know where they need to be and how to time their run. When the attack is flat, everyone is flat and providing options - when they go from deep the runners are timing it very well so that the receivers are actually hitting the ball at pace..simple stuff but so obviously potent when it's happening.

The movement at 2:10 was pretty neat too, loose handling by the outside backs aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.