• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Saturday 3 December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
3 disallowed try's where only one should of been not awarded. Yard Scores From An obvious knock on that the tmo lies about after seeing the exact replays we see.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
We desperately need better ball-runners. Played far too much of that game behind the gain line, in our own half.

I don't think the ball runners were the main cause of that. It was losing the kicking game once again, compounded by scrum problems and turnovers.

Despite all the progress the Wallabies have made between June and now, England played the exact same game but without the breakdown dominance they had in June, and they beat us by even more. They just put pressure on us with intelligent play and accurate kicking, and pounced on our errors.

To lose by a bigger margin against a less dominant team using exactly the same tactics just shows that we're still playing stupid rugby.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
England too good and deserved their win after being under the pump in the first 20 mins.

Too many mistakes from the Wallabies to allow England back in and took their chances well - 2 X Joseph tries an example.

The Wallabies barely played in the English half in the 2nd half, apart from the Kepu try and spent far too much time in their own end.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
At least one of your tries should have been given definitely. But Yarde clearly scored his try.

I don't think he clearly scored his try at all. His left hand touched the ball first, then there was separation, then he grounded it with his right hand. That's a knock on.

The video ref said his left hand was in contact with the ball the whole time, which to my eyes was just not true.

But in the overall scheme of things it's a minor detail. It wasn't the difference between the two sides.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The meat head panel on bein sport are saying they don't think Piper had a good game for Either team hahahaha hahahaha wtf. England hardly had a penalty called against them let alone had their knock On And forward passes Called

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Even all The kiwi fans are calling piper shit on social media

M

Moono75

I don't like the tone of that response mate. I think that's quite disrespectful.

We've been treated quite badly by the Australian fans and media, they would do well to learn from this. The scoreboard doesn't lie mate.

Yaaaawwwwnnnnnn:rolleyes:

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm not even going to read the match thread from the kickoff on. It was our game to take in the first 20 minutes. Once again we were unable to finish off a lot of promising movements and play.
Peypers performance was undoubtedly the most inept by a test ref this year, but it was up to the Wallabies to take that game away from the Poms. To their credit they came back very well in the second half and as our confidence eroded (and Phipps went to la la land) it was only a matter of time.
How utterly gutting after it looked as though the game was ours. Fuck!

Dazzling

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'm not even going to read the match thread from the kickoff on. It was our game to take in the first 20 minutes. Once again we were unable to finish off a lot of promising movements and play.
Peypers performance was undoubtedly the most inept by a test ref this year, but it was up to the Wallabies to take that game away from the Poms. To their credit they came back very well in the second half and as our confidence eroded (and Phipps went to la la land) it was only a matter of time.
How utterly gutting after it looked as though the game was ours. Fuck!

It's easy to pick "turning points" with hindsight but I got a bad feeling straight for the kick off to the second half when May got the penalty against Haylett Petty for holding on to the ball from the kick off. I had the de ja vu feeling - England got a sniff and didn't need a second invitation. We seemed to spend the next 10 minutes under pressure and England capitalised on our mistakes.I was pleased to see that Rob Simmons kept going for the whole game and put in a good shift. He is someone who seems to have responded to Chieka's brand of motivation. Timani was good but faded like a few others. i can't waiting to hear Chieka's at the post match press conference. I like him but I get the feeling more of the same is not going to make the Wallabies a great team.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Sorry guys. It just shits me that we hardly ever get the 50 50 calls or the rub and it seems we are lucky to. Even get the knock on and forward Passes Called against England as well tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.