• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

EXCITING NEW G&GR DEVELOPMENT - Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Anything to do with rugby in the community would be great. I love stories of how rugby and the comminity gel and interact. A weekly profile of a club around Australia regardless of what level they play. It would also give the clubs who are interested a bit of exposure.

I am sure my club would be interested in putting something together.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Bruce Ross, I would be interested to read some articles on Sydney uni rugby if you were to start writing them. Especcially about the young talent coming through the ranks; future S15 stars. They seem to produce a mind boggling amount of talent down there.

Barbarian, I also be interested in GPS Sydney/Brisbane articles as well as state and Aus schools articles. I am happy to write a few, particularly GPS games. Prefer to do Riverview games because I am an oldboy.

B

Bradley

I'm interested in Shute Shield, Sydney colts and schools rugby.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I would be interested in Joeys games as I see most of them, including trials. Then I would see most of the Rats home games outside of the GPS season and some away games plus the odd Manly Oval game and night game at Sydney Uni or North Sydney Oval (pensioners free !!).

What we need is some kind of roster and rules. Eg word length - in the example used: is that about the word length that is needed? As we know, cough cough, some folks are notoriously long-winded. What about a photo of the match if somebody is an enthusiast?

Somebody should be in charge of each comp. It's no use to have 3 guys reporting on Joeys v Kings or Uni v Randwick and nothing on other games. And if there are 3 guys interested in a game, who gets to do it? There could be 10 for the TV match of the day. Someone has to boss.

We could use this thread to set out the matches for the upcoming weekend and tick off the games covered.

If we know ahead of time that we have 3 Shute Shield games taken care of then the Shute Shield guy can maybe get someone organised to go out to a game not covered. Also, a contact could be made with each club and, in the case where no Green and Gold member was at a game, the gist of the match could be obtained with a phone call to a club man.

Better still to get that club man sign up as a member here; so that there is an alternate at each club game. It wouldn't have to be a club man per se: it could be a parent of a player or a tragic who goes to all the games.

To help out we should declare our interest in what club we watch regularly at the ground. For example 3 blokes may watch Manly from time to time. The Shute Shield boss should organise those three to work out a reporting roster amongst themselves. Not to any point but: the key could be to cover each home ground: not necessarily each club - if that makes any sense.

RugbyFuture's idea about having one blog page for each Shute Shield round has merit and would be ideal. But that would mean that deadlines would have to be observed because the blog couldn't be put up until the last game was reported on. And, it's not as though we have have a staff to collate everything, anyway.

T

Travi34

I'd be interested in hearing about Shute and Qld Prems. I can do something on my clubs games in Vic if anyone actually cares, and i know a couple of others at other clubs that could do the same. would be a gappy coverage considering games vs reporters, but might give a gist.

Otherwise sounds like a great idea, I'd definately have a browse over!

Trav

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
If anyone is interested in hearing about the Southern Inland (combination of the Riverina/South West divisions), I'd be able to get hold of some weekly information.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
If anyone is interested in hearing about the Southern Inland (combination of the Riverina/South West divisions), I'd be able to get hold of some weekly information.

Played in the old South West comp for several years, so like to know what's happening there, thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.