• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
10458626_10152790071590797_5430159694936354212_n.jpg

Channelling Milo Minderbinder.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Seeing as the Coalition are fans of Royal Commissions, they should launch a Royal Commission into the Australian Government Future Fund, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Macquarie Bank, and AMP.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
No political milage in that boyo. I have been reading the Gareth Evan's diary and that gives a true account of a government where "the adults are in charge. No shortage of ego in that lot but they kept a reforming government going whilst maintaining political capital in the electorate.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Seeing as the Coalition are fans of Royal Commissions, they should launch a Royal Commission into the Australian Government Future Fund, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Macquarie Bank, and AMP.

Holy shit, just that suggestion alone could get you sent to Siberia.

In any case if they did that the Liberals would have nowhere to "retire" to.

Seriously though don't set a Royal Commission into anything that you don't want the answers to and don't already know them. The Wood Royal Commission almost got out of hand in NSW when questions started being raised about Politicians and Judges. It is also why Pollies do not like standing Commissions with an open scope, investigations have a nasty way of getting out of control like recent ICAC hearings. It is why IMO The Qld Government has moved to limit the CMC in that state.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Promise Tracker: The Abbott Government's broken election promises jump from 8 to 12

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-07/abbott-government-broken-promises-jumps-to-12/5870784

Ah! I remember when Willessee embarrased Hawke and Keating with a computer read out as long as a toilet roll of broken promises.

4 days and not 5 with an aboriginal community. Abboot has been doing this for years. When has ALP been doing that or any other world leader. Obama a week with an American Indian perhaps? Putin with an Eskimo?

I am happy if he saves 25m by buying subs elsewhere.

Is this really role of the ABC?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Ah! I remember when Willessee embarrased Hawke and Keating with a computer read out as long as a toilet roll of broken promises.

4 days and not 5 with an aboriginal community. Abboot has been doing this for years. When has ALP been doing that or any other world leader. Obama a week with an American Indian perhaps? Putin with an Eskimo?

I am happy if he saves 25m by buying subs elsewhere.

Is this really role of the ABC?

I wouldn't be claiming Abbott's trip a great achievement. Very stage managed with little substance would more fit the bill. Both he and the Australian taxpayer could have gotten better value for the exercise.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
When has ALP been doing that or any other world leader. Obama a week with an American Indian perhaps? Putin with an Eskimo?

Evasion.

Classic Runner-style.

Notice that he often attacks a post but almost never brings a subject to the table?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
have we had the shirt fronting yet?

Yes.

TONY Abbott has urged Russian President Vladimir Putin to apologise and make appropriate restitution after telling him Australia had information the missile that shot down Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was linked to his country.

Status
Not open for further replies.