• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Any news outlet that doesn't provide hard-right opinion must be biased.:)

There have been numerous enquiries into the alleged bias of the ABC, and they have all disproved the alleged bias.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
asking anything but a Dorothy Dixer of a good and benevolent patriarch is surely treasonous
but what are we meant to do when "shit happens "

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
So it's biased towards Australia? Sounds like it's doing what it is supposed to.

A rather small segment of Australia and being funded by ALL should should be balanced which there current affairs are not. Their charter says they must be balanced.

Plenty of e.g. with quotes and comments and statements by people like the morning show which twice has shown it's colours.

7.30 and the joke last week, The Chasers court lose etc etc.

As a total the ABC is not biased when investigated. The Movie show, etc are fine but not currents affairs like 7.30, Q&A, Insiders and Lateline

The point is they are a public broadcaster funded by us not like any private media outlet which I or any other citizen don't have to fund by not buying the product.

The ABC et al costs us all

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Is Pepper Pig one of the biased ABC shows? Or is it unbiased like the movie show?

I have always supected Jimmy Giggle of being a puppet of the loony left. Hoot though is a real right wing warrior so they probably balance out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I lean towards the right , and have never voted labor ....I have to say I enjoy the ABC and like the fact that it owned by us and accountable to us . I consider most thinking people take the left leaning stance of the ABC in stride when considering stories they present . The rhetoric against the ABC has risen as the Media landscape is undergoing rationalisation ... Murdoch,Fairfax etc... are trying to monetise their offering due to falling circulation and advertising income .... If people can't have a laugh at the chaser , mad as hell etc and not take it to heart what's the point ? Four Corners , 7.30 report , Q&A etc are valid and add to the national debate despite the left leaning .... I would be less enamoured with the ABC if Private broadcasters/Publishers were more diligent .When those such as Murdoch , Stokes , Rhinehart etc.. continue to run with various agendas a counterbalance seems necessary.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
A rather small segment of Australia and being funded by ALL should should be balanced which there current affairs are not. Their charter says they must be balanced.

Plenty of e.g. with quotes and comments and statements by people like the morning show which twice has shown it's colours.

7.30 and the joke last week, The Chasers court lose etc etc.

As a total the ABC is not biased when investigated. The Movie show, etc are fine but not currents affairs like 7.30, Q&A, Insiders and Lateline

The point is they are a public broadcaster funded by us not like any private media outlet which I or any other citizen don't have to fund by not buying the product.

The ABC et al costs us all

See post 2922

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting comments.

Doesn't chnage the point that they are biased and funded by the public, watch by what 13% which says something as well about value for money ($1billion plus spent) and are chartered to be even handed.

Murdock et al are all funded by share holders who can sell the shares, advertisers who can leave and readers, subscribers etc who don't have to buy the product.

As a shareholder I find ABC biased.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Has any media company/magnate ever influenced an election ? Are any of those companies foreign owned ? Are all shareholders equal ie. A Class & B Class shares ie.voting power ? Are we spoiled for choice with high quality journalism ? Do you want an "Ad Free" network as a choice? So if you are an Australian citizen and have answers to those questions why not have a referendum and vote on whether the Australian people want a privatisation , continuance or wind up of the ABC . Personally I find the stance of being a shareholder that of a "vested interest" . This is something the Treasurer/FIRB and ACCC should not rule on , It should be put to the people .... any problem with that ?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I lean towards the right , and have never voted labor ..I have to say I enjoy the ABC and like the fact that it owned by us and accountable to us . I consider most thinking people take the left leaning stance of the ABC in stride when considering stories they present . The rhetoric against the ABC has risen as the Media landscape is undergoing rationalisation . Murdoch,Fairfax etc. are trying to monetise their offering due to falling circulation and advertising income .. If people can't have a laugh at the chaser , mad as hell etc and not take it to heart what's the point ? Four Corners , 7.30 report , Q&A etc are valid and add to the national debate despite the left leaning .. I would be less enamoured with the ABC if Private broadcasters/Publishers were more diligent .When those such as Murdoch , Stokes , Rhinehart etc.. continue to run with various agendas a counterbalance seems necessary.

Your comments would be valid if the ABC poked fun at Labor and the Greens; if they ran programs which were critical of the many global warming falsehoods; if just one conservative commentator was given a prime time show; if disgusting comments were made against left wing media personalities like they did to Chris Kenny; or if documentaries about former Prime Ministers included Conservative PMs.
But they don't. The ABC is not balanced, it is biased, and runs a strongly anti-conservative agenda. Why taxpayers should continue to fund such a political animal is behind me. It is not the right of our public broadcaster to choose a side of politics to support.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Has any media company/magnate ever influenced an election ? Are any of those companies foreign owned ? Are all shareholders equal ie. A Class & B Class shares ie.voting power ? Are we spoiled for choice with high quality journalism ? Do you want an "Ad Free" network as a choice? So if you are an Australian citizen and have answers to those questions why not have a referendum and vote on whether the Australian people want a privatisation , continuance or wind up of the ABC . Personally I find the stance of being a shareholder that of a "vested interest" . This is something the Treasurer/FIRB and ACCC should not rule on , It should be put to the people .. any problem with that ?

My comments were about ABC current affairs. With ABC we are all equal shareholders so it should be unbiased which it is not.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Your comments would be valid if the ABC poked fun at Labor and the Greens; if they ran programs which were critical of the many global warming falsehoods; if just one conservative commentator was given a prime time show; if disgusting comments were made against left wing media personalities like they did to Chris Kenny; or if documentaries about former Prime Ministers included Conservative PMs.
But they don't. The ABC is not balanced, it is biased, and runs a strongly anti-conservative agenda. Why taxpayers should continue to fund such a political animal is behind me. It is not the right of our public broadcaster to choose a side of politics to support.

Spot on.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)

Yeah there is far too little climate change denial on the ABC.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The answer may be found in my last post , I don't disagree with your points ..But I actually enjoy watching government ministers sparring with lefty's in a bias format , it makes their victory that much more sweet , Q&A again , what's the point in preaching to the converted , I think the LNP hold their own in a hostile environment which is much more effective than say talking to the converted on Alan Jones or similar . At the moment apart from the ABC there doesn't seem to be any media group at center left or left - in essence the ability to sway opinion of a demographic you wouldn't normally have access to . I'd much rather watch Q&A than Big Brother or the Voice and think I and the public have the intelligence to see bias and call it for what it is in an ad free environment without commercial bias which is much more subtle to call out . The courts settled the Chris Kenny case which was as it should be ....
But be careful what you wish for ... either consider my last post at 8.52pm or the government reviews the Charter of the ABC and requires the regulator to hold the ABC to account when breaches occur.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Recent ABC decisions that continue to support its anti-conservative stance:
Since the change of government Radio National has recruited former Labor staff member and Emily’s List activist Rebecca Huntley and boosted the role of Paul Bongiorno, the former Network Ten journalist regarded as one of the most progressive voices in the gallery.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So, its your asset ? I thought it was every Australian's , but well done , carry on ..... Hope the union movement & Industry Super Funds don't pick it up , now that would be scary .

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
My staff get the shits when I ask a question because the simple truthful answer is usually embarrassing to them.

I ask a question because I want to know the answer. from what I see is the patronising headspace that is dominant amongst the right has them believing they are above being questioned or believing their fairy stories are sufficient distraction from the real question.
from what I recall the four part drama "at home with Julia" was a wonderful dramatic portrayal of real life designed only to give a warm fuzzy feeling for the then PM

Status
Not open for further replies.