• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Massive loss on the back of Timani too. Wonder if they could get Hockings back to reunite with Rodda?

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
Force Fans, what are your thoughts on Cron and Sampson?

My view is that Sampson was exactly what the Force needed 5 years ago but (based in results in Super Rugby) a change of direction is needed and (based on what I’ve read) that Cron could provide the change. Tim is a great bloke and engaged with the fans a lot, so the change is going to come with some sadness.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Force Fans, what are your thoughts on Cron and Sampson?
Bittersweet moment in the Force's history.

Tim has been instrumental in taking us from the ashes to GRR and onto a potential finals team again this year in super rugby.

He has been the right fit for us and fit for purpose coach, to get us to were we are and we have to be forever greatful to him and acknowledge his achievements.

He can hold his head up high and leave knowing that not many coaches would have achieved what he did, in a professional sporting market, it is not often a coach can leave as a "winner" in the players and fans eyes.

While he achieved this he was always humble, friendly, respectful and most importantly took time to enagage and acknowledge the fans.

He will leave the Force as a friend and Force and Perth Spirit legend and will be etched in our rugby history.

Thank you Tim.

For the team to go up to the next level, it does need something else, in Simon Cron I think the Force have recruited well (time and results will tell), I look forward to the journey that began with still a fair few amount of us left at that rally back in 2004 and look forward to continuing its positive upward trajectory that we have had since Nicola and Andrew rescued us from the ashes.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep I came here to say this. Luring him away from a Japanese side which apparently wanted to keep him wouldn't have been cheap.

I reckon he's on $2m a year at the Force, at least!

You'd have to think someone like Thorn, came through the coaching pathway at the Reds, won a championship etc would be sitting in the ballpark of $500k a year
$2m a year at the force…they offer $2m you would get a whole lot better qualified candidates then cron. Cron wanted to come home to Australia.

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
You’d have to think there would need to be an RA top up component to lure him back.

With the backrow depth at the moment I’m not sure he warrants one.
I think the only way is if he is still keen on pushing for a RWC2023 spot which he has indicated and his only chance is if he plays for an Australian team as I dont think he would be included in the pick for the 3 allowable overseas players at the moment

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think the only way is if he is still keen on pushing for a RWC2023 spot which he has indicated and his only chance is if he plays for an Australian team as I dont think he would be included in the pick for the 3 allowable overseas players at the moment

I am still not convinced the new eligibility laws will stand during a RWC year. But that is a discussion for another thread.

I agree with your point otherwise.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
You’d have to think there would need to be an RA top up component to lure him back.

With the backrow depth at the moment I’m not sure he warrants one.
Yeh hard to see the need there. Pity Kerevi’s contest not up as he is someone in a position that would benefit the force and justify (++) a RA top up.