• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'd say it's between Wells and RWV. I don't think Anstee has the size to compete at this level, he looked promising in 2021 but hasn't really kicked on.
Seriously? Anstee's been very good this year, with better form than both Wells and RWV.

Should almost be pushing for an inclusion in the Wallaby squad given he's a 6 who's excellent in the lineout.

Alex Ross (28)
Why is this? Just curious.

He performed well at such a young age in a really poor team. He then got jumped by Hooper coming back and Gamble coming in. He played for West Harbour also which is a poor performing Club in Sydney but he always showed up. Glad he's back in Aus. Completely wasted playing 2nd tier Rugby in the UK.
Cop out to say the Tahs culture was the problem. Most reports seem to indicate Tizzano was the problem. Spent more time bitching about the temporary facilities than just rolling his sleeves up and getting on with it.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
No room for Kibirige or SImpson, or are we not considering short term contracts (although RWV is there)?

Good effort none the less. I think Anstee for me at 6 but it then becomes all about balance.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
yep and I have acknowledged that elsewhere. But to suggest the match officials are corrupt is just terrible.
So how did the TMO miss it? Cant they just queue up a replay in the box and go.....Ooooh thats why he's down. Hey Angus, the TMO here....you might want to take a look at this...

I don't think there is a suggestion of corruption. But you just listen to any commentator on any rugby matches and they all have different views on what is acceptable physicality in a game and what should be penalized. Maybe the TMO was like 'just a good strong challenge....nothing to see here". The Rugby heirarchy are obviously trying to close the gate after the horse has bolted by standing down the TMO official. Yeah thanks guys that make a huge difference now.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
No room for Kibirige or SImpson, or are we not considering short term contracts (although RWV is there)?

Good effort none the less. I think Anstee for me at 6 but it then becomes all about balance.
Yeah it would be tough to leave Kibirige out of the team when he's scored 6 tries and was on target for the Force record of 9 in a season held by Scott Staniforth.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Cop out to say the Tahs culture was the problem. Most reports seem to indicate Tizzano was the problem. Spent more time bitching about the temporary facilities than just rolling his sleeves up and getting on with it.

That's a little odd, considering he came up through UWA club juniors and grade level here in Perth and our facilities are anything but luxurious.

Alex Ross (28)
That's a little odd, considering he came up through UWA club juniors and grade level here in Perth and our facilities are anything but luxurious.
Quote from an article/interview with Coleman in 2022

“It wasn’t directed just as Carlo,” Coleman says. “It was a few-fold. Players, when things aren’t quite going right, they potentially look to externalise what the reasons are (for their shortcomings) and Carlo had been vocal a bit about our faculties, saying the temporary ones weren’t good. So I hit that on the head pretty quickly and said, ‘We’ve got what we’ve got. Rocky beat Ivan Drago training out of a barn. We’ve got a field, we’ve got a gym, we’ve got everything we need to be successful, it’s not the facility.’

“We were looking over at the new facility getting built and we spoke about how cool that will be when it’s done, but unless you aim up in ‘22 you won’t be there in ‘23.

“It wasn’t directed just at Carlo that he won’t be there in ‘23, it was more, let’s get on with what we’ve got and work hard and I don’t want to hear anymore chat about facilities and I don’t want you thinking about the new facility because if you’re thinking about that, you probably won’t get there.”

And as it was, he wasn’t there in ‘23. Make of that what you will.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Robertson T
Fiangaa
Medrano
Rodda
Williams
Wells / Anstee / RWV
Naisarani
Tizzano
Fines
Mataele
Pasitoa
Stewart
Spinks
Pulu
Tiatia

Wagner
Horton
Amoane
Kalapu
Wells / Anstee / RWV
Robertson H
Hegarty
Kuenzele
I still rate Koteka highly, he was awesome last year, hopefully he can recover 100% and be pushing for that #7 spot as well

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Quote from an article/interview with Coleman in 2022

“It wasn’t directed just as Carlo,” Coleman says. “It was a few-fold. Players, when things aren’t quite going right, they potentially look to externalise what the reasons are (for their shortcomings) and Carlo had been vocal a bit about our faculties, saying the temporary ones weren’t good. So I hit that on the head pretty quickly and said, ‘We’ve got what we’ve got. Rocky beat Ivan Drago training out of a barn. We’ve got a field, we’ve got a gym, we’ve got everything we need to be successful, it’s not the facility.’

“We were looking over at the new facility getting built and we spoke about how cool that will be when it’s done, but unless you aim up in ‘22 you won’t be there in ‘23.

“It wasn’t directed just at Carlo that he won’t be there in ‘23, it was more, let’s get on with what we’ve got and work hard and I don’t want to hear anymore chat about facilities and I don’t want you thinking about the new facility because if you’re thinking about that, you probably won’t get there.”

And as it was, he wasn’t there in ‘23. Make of that what you will.
To be fair, the facilities were very shit for a ‘professional’ team :D

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Force coach Simon Cron has been hit with a ‘please explain’ from Super Rugby officials after questioning the integrity of referees and match officials, as Marika Koroibete was revealed the winner of the 2022 John Eales Medal.

I understand his frustrations, and he was in a position to vent but clearly overstepped the mark…

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
It is a reasonable question. There has been no explanation as to how the incident was missed, which leaves only one alternative: they saw it but chose to ignore it. It is one or the other.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Really good to see Ollie Callan cleared of any serious neck injury and released from hospital.

Shame to see Pulu injured yet again. He's shown so many moments of spark over the years, but his injury runs have been such a shame.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
No one said that the Tah's culture was the problem, just that it wasn't a good fit for him. You've illuminated some of reported elements of his attitude towards the end of his time there.

Alex Ross (28)
It is a reasonable question. There has been no explanation as to how the incident was missed, which leaves only one alternative: they saw it but chose to ignore it. It is one or the other.
The question was perhaps reasonable. The inference that it was deliberately ignored certainly isn’t.
How does one satisfactorily explain how they didn’t see something other than say they didn’t see it?

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
If that's the case, then the 2 TMO's should be immediately sacked or severely reprimanded as they are clearly incompetent. As this doesn't appear to have happened, Cron's statement is quite reasonable.

Checking for foul play is one of only 2 or 3 main functions of the TMO's job, and fair enough to not see the incident live. But to say they didn't check after a player was lying on the ground for a fair period of time and then assessed for an HIA is unacceptable and likely deliberate bias. Even worse, if they did check and are saying they 'didn't see it' in the replays it is clear incompetence or deliberate bias.